Pick 'Em

Re: Joe Hall post on Instagram/twitter

Post by bhoovy » August 12th, 2019, 4:40 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 1:31 pm
tmcats wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 12:58 pm
major, why are you skeptical?
Or what hire would have made you not skeptical, if any? Would you have preferred any of the other new Big 12 coaches?
I can say I wanted Brown. We will see who has the greater success and I’m now hoping it’s Klieman.

**Correction: I wanted Venables or Leavitt first and in that order. When it was appeared they were neither candidates I wanted Brown.

Weber won me over from a scream of NOOOOOOO after I heard of the hiring. And now would be few I’d be willing to make a change for, because of both winning and his character. Hoping Klieman does the same.....but maybe even more winning :D

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » August 12th, 2019, 6:05 pm

bhoovy wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 4:40 pm
Weber won me over from a scream of NOOOOOOO after I heard of the hiring. And now would be few I’d be willing to make a change for, because of both winning and his character. Hoping Klieman does the same.....but maybe even more winning :D
I have a hunch that this is what we will see. I also think, of folks we could have gotten, CK might be one of those that hangs long term. perhaps only jumping for the pros. But I hope he sees enough of his value to these kids HERE at THIS level... to feel a 'calling'.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » August 12th, 2019, 10:06 pm

KITNooga wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 6:05 pm
bhoovy wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 4:40 pm
I have a hunch that this is what we will see. I also think, of folks we could have gotten, CK might be one of those that hangs long term. perhaps only jumping for the pros. But I hope he sees enough of his value to these kids HERE at THIS level... to feel a 'calling'.
ck's dream job is iowa. just hope all this doesn't turn into a perfect storm. ferentz is 64.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » August 12th, 2019, 11:01 pm

tmcats wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 10:06 pm
KITNooga wrote:

ck's dream job is iowa. just hope all this doesn't turn into a perfect storm. ferentz is 64.
In that scenario, maybe young CK will then be ready to take over for the other CK and he sticks around for 2-3 decades.
EMAW

ArKSU

Post by ArKSU » August 13th, 2019, 2:05 am

I have my doubts about HCCK wanting Eye-O-Way.

His O and D are pretty much what the In-Tyre Little 10 runs whereas at NDSU and KSU he was/is different enough that playing KSU is going going to be a serious change-up for everybody in the BIG 12.

HCCK will have an advantage to exploit in the BIG 12 but not so much in the Little 10.
A worried man with a worried mind
People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » August 13th, 2019, 1:37 pm

tmcats wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 10:06 pm
KITNooga wrote:

Wonder if Kirk tries to force the school into hiring his son, who has been the OC for the last 2 seasons.

Tbonespop

Post by Tbonespop » August 15th, 2019, 7:20 pm

KITNooga wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 4:23 pm
Just want to throw this out there to remind folks. While our record last year was 5-7, we were 17 points on the season away from being 9-3 + a bowl game (we lost 4 games by a combined point total of 13 points). We have many returning starters including our QB that have another year of experience. There's going to be some bumps in the road this year for sure, but I fully expect KSU to be competing in the top half of the conference along with going to a nice bowl game. Expect to win.
you know, I remember very well a certain arrogant group of fans north of the great State of Kansas who were angry, pitchfork angry, and clamored for the firing of Frank Solich over not being able to accept such travesty as 9-3 seasons.

aspirations, hopes are one thing. EXPECTATIONS are fine too. but if they lead one to be absolutely angry/pissed off and ranting on internet forums about 'this coach' has got to go?

think about it. then think about all the nonsense written about needing Bruce 'out' in basketball. think about all the words written about how Barry wasn't what he thought he was. how dean would 'never' pan out. Do we get those last two years if we change out Bruce? Sometimes PATIENCE really is a good thing.

I now it's not NORMAL for folks on fan sites to think logically, much less rationally, but wouldn't it be great to at least TRY?

(this was not a direct reply to any individual)
This is timely for Frank Solich. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ohios-fran ... ncaaf.html
EMAW

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » August 16th, 2019, 3:57 pm

Tbonespop wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 7:20 pm
KITNooga wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 4:23 pm

you know, I remember very well a certain arrogant group of fans north of the great State of Kansas who were angry, pitchfork angry, and clamored for the firing of Frank Solich over not being able to accept such travesty as 9-3 seasons.

aspirations, hopes are one thing. EXPECTATIONS are fine too. but if they lead one to be absolutely angry/pissed off and ranting on internet forums about 'this coach' has got to go?

think about it. then think about all the nonsense written about needing Bruce 'out' in basketball. think about all the words written about how Barry wasn't what he thought he was. how dean would 'never' pan out. Do we get those last two years if we change out Bruce? Sometimes PATIENCE really is a good thing.

I now it's not NORMAL for folks on fan sites to think logically, much less rationally, but wouldn't it be great to at least TRY?

(this was not a direct reply to any individual)
This is timely for Frank Solich. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ohios-fran ... ncaaf.html
Glad he found a niche. You can speculate all day long: If KSU didn’t force out Altman, would we have been a Final Four team? Would he have become a coach to get a team to the Final Four? Yeah, Solich went 9-3 and it seemed harsh to fire him. But NU got its whig split by CU and its bowl game.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder