Weber coaching USA 19U team

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
mustang

Re: Weber coaching USA 19U team

Post by mustang » May 17th, 2019, 1:44 pm

Continual turnover, players that have not lived up to billing. UCLA and Kansas survived the antics of Larry Brown, we are not a blue blood and our conference is pretty darn good for a non power 5 league.

learnin

Post by learnin » May 17th, 2019, 2:10 pm

mustang wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 8:28 am
gdgjr78 wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 1:00 am

Lol, you love to talk about the "cult of frank" but you're easily part of the "cult of weber". Both guys did some great things with KSU basketball but they also both have their faults. Never saying a negative thing about one or the other means you have a distorted sense of reality.
I'm not really sure what the deal is with cult of Frank, but as an outsider it's hard not to appreciate the work of Frank Martin. If someone takes South Carolina to the Final Four that certainly is a pretty big accomplishment at a school that could care less about basketball.
As an outsider, who probably is viewing things from the surface and not the deep, it is understandable you wouldn't comprehend the term, "cult of Frank". Now, if you've been following Kansas State boards since Weber was hired, and are not really an outsider, I have a hard time appreciating your post.

learnin

Post by learnin » May 17th, 2019, 2:13 pm

tmcats wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 8:37 am
martin never won a championship at k-state even when left with elite talent by huggins. he then went to usc,e and cheated his way to the final 4. his lead recruiter, lamont evans, was later ensnarled in the fbi sting.

martin was dealing with a player rebellion when he left k-state. half the damn team was ready to transfer.

only the cult of frank could possibly find goodness in his reign of terror around here. john currie sent him packing after recruiting violations were uncovered by the local western union provider.

https://jugofsnyder.com/2012/05/07/cult-of-frank/
The cult doesn't care if the leader is cheating and they will never accept that there was a player revolt.

JOKKO

Post by JOKKO » May 17th, 2019, 2:22 pm

mustang wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 11:26 am
hilltopwildcat wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 10:01 am

Link please?
Linkage I have on Martin to Orlando was while watching them this season on SEC Network the analyst mentioned his spurning the Magic and a couple others, evidently he is happy at South Carolina, basketball is a complete afterthought there.
There is absolutely no way that Martin turned down the Magic. The NBA would have zero interest in Martin. His style would be a complete joke to every player in the league.

Also, from what I have read (several months ago)...Martin does consider other options presented to him. He had a single year where his team got hot and mad a great run to the FF. He is being smart and probably wants to restart his clock seeing as they have done nothing, before or after that year.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » May 17th, 2019, 7:39 pm

tmcats wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 8:37 am
martin never won a championship at k-state even when left with elite talent by huggins. he then went to usc,e and cheated his way to the final 4. his lead recruiter, lamont evans, was later ensnarled in the fbi sting.

martin was dealing with a player rebellion when he left k-state. half the damn team was ready to transfer.

only the cult of frank could possibly find goodness in his reign of terror around here. john currie sent him packing after recruiting violations were uncovered by the local western union provider.

https://jugofsnyder.com/2012/05/07/cult-of-frank/
That jugofsnyder website is laughable. Your entire post could be the brochure of the anti-Martin cult. You and your followers are absolute fanatics about hating Martin. It's a little disconcerting, did he steal your lunch money?
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 18th, 2019, 12:04 pm

i've never appreciated bullies. embarrassing jackassery.

Why is there something rather than nothing?

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » May 19th, 2019, 11:58 am

tmcats wrote:
May 18th, 2019, 12:04 pm
i've never appreciated bullies. embarrassing jackassery.

Like your own personal hero Bob Knight?
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 19th, 2019, 1:18 pm

knight never cheated, graduated his kids, won championships at every level. he did have anger issues. but kindly don't put fat ass frankie in the class of masters.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » May 19th, 2019, 1:27 pm

tmcats wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 1:18 pm
knight never cheated, graduated his kids, won championships at every level. he did have anger issues. but kindly don't put fat ass frankie in the class of masters.
A bully none the less, which you brought up and made a whole picture post about. So being a bully is cool as long as you don't cheat? Gotcha. :roll:

Frank's gone. Keep yelling about him if it makes you feel better. It must, you post about him three times more than anyone.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » May 19th, 2019, 3:21 pm

I'll add to the Frank posts. He should have been fired after about two years. His behavior was embarrassing to the university from which I graduated. I hated his "smash mouth" style of basketball. It made a mockery of the game. It got mixed results. His bullying would have led to a massive insurrection if he hadn't been "unofficially" fired before it was allowed to happen. Good riddance Frankie.