Weber coaching USA 19U team

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

Re: Weber coaching USA 19U team

Post by tmcats » May 17th, 2019, 8:37 am

martin never won a championship at k-state even when left with elite talent by huggins. he then went to usc,e and cheated his way to the final 4. his lead recruiter, lamont evans, was later ensnarled in the fbi sting.

martin was dealing with a player rebellion when he left k-state. half the damn team was ready to transfer.

only the cult of frank could possibly find goodness in his reign of terror around here. john currie sent him packing after recruiting violations were uncovered by the local western union provider.

https://jugofsnyder.com/2012/05/07/cult-of-frank/
Why is there something rather than nothing?

mustang

Post by mustang » May 17th, 2019, 9:30 am

tmcats wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 8:37 am
martin never won a championship at k-state even when left with elite talent by huggins. he then went to usc,e and cheated his way to the final 4. his lead recruiter, lamont evans, was later ensnarled in the fbi sting.

martin was dealing with a player rebellion when he left k-state. half the damn team was ready to transfer.

only the cult of frank could possibly find goodness in his reign of terror around here. john currie sent him packing after recruiting violations were uncovered by the local western union provider.

I'm completely confused, I only noted NCAA violations at Kansas State during the 1970's in football. I know Martin evidently likes it at South Carolina, turned down the Orlando Magic job last spring. How long was Huggins at K-State before going to West Virginia?

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » May 17th, 2019, 10:01 am

mustang wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 9:30 am
tmcats wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 8:37 am

I'm completely confused, I only noted NCAA violations at Kansas State during the 1970's in football. I know Martin evidently likes it at South Carolina, turned down the Orlando Magic job last spring. How long was Huggins at K-State before going to West Virginia?
Link please?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 17th, 2019, 11:05 am

mustang, coach huggins was in manhattan less than a year before his alma mater convinced him to come home.

mustang

Post by mustang » May 17th, 2019, 11:26 am

hilltopwildcat wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 10:01 am
mustang wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 9:30 am

Link please?
Linkage I have on Martin to Orlando was while watching them this season on SEC Network the analyst mentioned his spurning the Magic and a couple others, evidently he is happy at South Carolina, basketball is a complete afterthought there.

mustang

Post by mustang » May 17th, 2019, 11:27 am

tmcats wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 11:05 am
mustang, coach huggins was in manhattan less than a year before his alma mater convinced him to come home.
Always thought Huggins was a really good coach, would have been interesting to have him and Snyder at the same school

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 17th, 2019, 11:52 am

huggs is a great coach. i like him a lot. his recruiting of beasley has always bothered me though. recruiting is so crummy.

is your pony hoops coach going to get canned?

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » May 17th, 2019, 12:06 pm

mustang wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 11:26 am
hilltopwildcat wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 10:01 am

Link please?
Linkage I have on Martin to Orlando was while watching them this season on SEC Network the analyst mentioned his spurning the Magic and a couple others, evidently he is happy at South Carolina, basketball is a complete afterthought there.
I do find that a little strange. When Frank McGuire was there they had a very successful program. Football is definitely king but they have what looks to be great support for the women's basketball team and baseball.

mustang

Post by mustang » May 17th, 2019, 12:31 pm

tmcats wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 11:52 am
huggs is a great coach. i like him a lot. his recruiting of beasley has always bothered me though. recruiting is so crummy.

Jankovich is on the warm seat without a doubt. Several people speculated that he was given the extra year based on the mess he had to clean up from Larry Brown. I personally like Tim, he is a good person, but he has seen the program get less competitive each season. Jank has worked for some legendary coaches - Jack Hartman, Eddie Sutton, Bill Self and Larry Brown. Three of those four have not hesitated in bending some rules to get players. Don't get me wrong, I want to win, but not at all costs like we did in the 80's under Dave Bliss and in football with the Pony Express mess.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » May 17th, 2019, 1:26 pm

mustang wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 12:31 pm
tmcats wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 11:52 am

Jankovich is on the warm seat without a doubt. Several people speculated that he was given the extra year based on the mess he had to clean up from Larry Brown. I personally like Tim, he is a good person, but he has seen the program get less competitive each season. Jank has worked for some legendary coaches - Jack Hartman, Eddie Sutton, Bill Self and Larry Brown. Three of those four have not hesitated in bending some rules to get players. Don't get me wrong, I want to win, but not at all costs like we did in the 80's under Dave Bliss and in football with the Pony Express mess.
Looking at Jank's time at SMU, I was surprised by the activity in the transfers.

Departures:
Sedrick Barefield - Utah
Keith Fraizer - North Texas
Dashawn McDowell - Seattle
Elijah Landrum - Connors State College
Akoy Agau - Louisville (1 year after transferring into SMU)

Incoming:
Jimmy Whitt - Arkansas
Jahmal McMurray - South Florida
Isiaha Mike - Duquesne
Akoy Agau - Georgetown
Nat Dixon - Chattanooga
Grant Yougkin - Rice
Darius McNeill - Cal
Isiah Jasey - Texas A&M

Throw in JUCOs and its hard to build a program with that many changes.