fbi/ncaa noose tightening on squawks?

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
katlander

Pick 'Em

Re: fbi/ncaa noose tightening on squawks?

Post by katlander » April 15th, 2019, 1:13 am

This explains why Self was so adamant that he would never leave the program at a time like this. Likely pure BS and he had knowledge that the investigation would be quelched.

learnin

Post by learnin » April 15th, 2019, 7:37 pm

They're not going to do anything to these freaks. Missouri got hammered. Kansas State would get the death sentence if Weber and Frazier were on tape saying what Self and company said.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » April 15th, 2019, 8:11 pm

learnin wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 7:37 pm
They're not going to do anything to these freaks. Missouri got hammered. Kansas State would get the death sentence if Weber and Frazier were on tape saying what Self and company said.
not sure if you're correct or not Learnin', but damned if I don't see it the same way.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » April 15th, 2019, 8:47 pm

Tigs had a tutor taking tests and doing work for the players. beaks cheated to get players. Not exactly the same but both are against the rules.

bigdeal

Post by bigdeal » April 15th, 2019, 9:53 pm

LSU just wanted him to meet with the NCAA. He did and denied everything so LSU excitedly reinstated him. That doesn't mean the NCAA thought everything was OK, just that LSU was happy he took the time to deny everything that was on tape. Don't give up on it all yet.

learnin

Post by learnin » April 16th, 2019, 12:00 am

hilltopwildcat wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 8:47 pm
Tigs had a tutor taking tests and doing work for the players. beaks cheated to get players. Not exactly the same but both are against the rules.
Didn't Missouri self report this when they found out? I have no problem with Missouri getting penalized. I do have a problem with North Carolina going free and will have a problem if KU doesn't get every bit as much as Missouri got.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » April 16th, 2019, 7:40 am

learnin wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 12:00 am
hilltopwildcat wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 8:47 pm
Didn't Missouri self report this when they found out? I have no problem with Missouri getting penalized. I do have a problem with North Carolina going free and will have a problem if KU doesn't get every bit as much as Missouri got.
Totally agree. UNC was almost like a decades long outright cheating on academic work. sKUm should be dealt with harshly as should be Duke, UL and so forth. But they won't.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » April 16th, 2019, 8:43 am

If you're a school/coach that has been exposed of cheating, your best bet is always to deny deny deny, no matter the truth. Accepting responsibility will only get you into more trouble in the long run. This has been proven time and time again.

Stan
Has thanked: 0

Post by Stan » April 16th, 2019, 9:43 am

Any alumni who have put their hard earned money up to support their university should sign some sort of online petition naming the so called "blue blood" institutions and those that illegally finance their programs or are found to have ignored the academic requirements of their so called student athletes. File a class action lawsuit and get this nonsense out of the hands of the complicit NCAA and criminal institutions who have and will continue to profit to the detriment of the rest. Breakup the NCAA. Let them take their ball and their dozen schools or so and go off on their own.

Obviously, I'm no lawyer but something has to be done. How is this not criminal on multiple levels? My hope are the feds will do the right thing and bring these clowns to their knees. I know, I know... If I'm waiting on the government to do the right thing :roll:

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 16th, 2019, 10:04 am

well, the government uncovered this blue blood mess. so that was the right thing. they put a bunch of assistants in jail. they put avenatti in jail too, that was the right thing. we tend to forget that the fbi doesn't benefit from blue blood success like ncaa stakeholders. let's let this play out before making a final judgment about how the government will proceed and the outfall, blue blood consequences.
Why is there something rather than nothing?