The defending Big XII Champions
stlcatfan

Re: no spring game ...

Post by stlcatfan » April 6th, 2019, 9:26 am

Gorhoops wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 8:10 am
hilltopwildcat wrote:
April 4th, 2019, 10:26 pm
Just got my e-mail tickets, or whatever they are called. Didn't even realize the practice was this Saturday. Other than the Wheeler kid moving, it doesn't seem to me there has been much hype. Why? Klieman's way of doing things?

Maybe if you mean hype just for the open practice on the 13th, but my goodness, the hype coming out of spring ball has been off the charts. They post a new video after pretty much every practice with one of the coaches mic'd up, a video of some of the players dancing the other day because they played music from the recently murdered rapper the entire practice, etc.

The hype of spring ball has been huge. Now, if you just mean hype for the event on the 13th, maybe so.
I haven't seen much video, but I have read a lot of the comments from the coaches, which is a refreshing change from the past, IMO. It used to be like, "Has anyone heard how our OL and our new RBs are looking?" Now, we have loads of quotes from our coaches (from multiple interviews) updating us on the progress of the team at every position as well as how individual players are growing in the new system. I like it.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

opcatzen

Post by opcatzen » April 7th, 2019, 12:59 pm

Also interested in how the Oline is looking.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 8th, 2019, 9:31 am

if you're not on twitter, you will have missed a lot of the video feed.

https://twitter.com/kstatefb?lang=en

https://twitter.com/i/status/1113573775231070208
Why is there something rather than nothing?

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » April 9th, 2019, 12:47 pm

wazucat wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 12:18 pm
There have been many players who worked hard for years in our program, they never saw the field in real games but were on the field and played in the Spring game. Coach Snyder called the spring games about as exciting as "watching paint dry" but I suspect he would agree that some of those not very talented but hard working scrubs might consider it to have been the highlight of their time on the team.

If that is true, we have some guys in uniform that have no business being in uniform.

Spring "game" isn't a GAME anyway. I don't care about a Spring game. That is for the fans and not the team. It's basically the end of practice for them everyday when the 1's go up against the 1's. I, like everyone else here, want WINS in the Fall. Nothing happens in a Spring game that effects a contest in Sept-Nov. Nothing.
New coach, new approach. Bring it. Happy to have him. Happy to be PATIENT and let things happen the way coach wants them to happen. He is running the show now. Let the man do his job.

EMAW!!! :powercat: :powercat: :powercat: :powercat: :powercat: :powercat: :powercat: :ksuku:
In a perfect world, everyone would choose hard work, morals and ethics over obscene money and fame. And everyone outside of Lowrents would be required to be a red blooded, card carrying Payhawk hater.

Watutalkaboutwillis

Pick 'Em

Post by Watutalkaboutwillis » April 9th, 2019, 1:42 pm

Oline struggled last weekend

iowa_wildcat

Post by iowa_wildcat » April 9th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Wide receiver DJ Render is working out at safety.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » April 9th, 2019, 9:25 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 12:47 pm
wazucat wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 12:18 pm
There have been many players who worked hard for years in our program, they never saw the field in real games but were on the field and played in the Spring game. Coach Snyder called the spring games about as exciting as "watching paint dry" but I suspect he would agree that some of those not very talented but hard working scrubs might consider it to have been the highlight of their time on the team.

If that is true, we have some guys in uniform that have no business being in uniform.

Spring "game" isn't a GAME anyway. I don't care about a Spring game. That is for the fans and not the team. It's basically the end of practice for them everyday when the 1's go up against the 1's. I, like everyone else here, want WINS in the Fall. Nothing happens in a Spring game that effects a contest in Sept-Nov. Nothing.
New coach, new approach. Bring it. Happy to have him. Happy to be PATIENT and let things happen the way coach wants them to happen. He is running the show now. Let the man do his job.

EMAW!!! :powercat: :powercat: :powercat: :powercat: :powercat: :powercat: :powercat: :ksuku:
Just listening to his press conference today, Coach said they still have too many kids who would not be able to play. He specifically mentioned RB and CB positions as being really thin right now. Hopefully, with the new players coming in the fall and the others getting healed up, they will be closer to full strength in time for fall practices.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln