no spring game ...

The defending Big XII Champions
Hypeman

Re: no spring game ...

Post by Hypeman » March 9th, 2019, 3:28 pm

The spring game was fun to attend because you were happy it was ‘spring’ and it was something to do outside and get together. I never even care about the game. Perhaps this year’s event will serve the same purpose. I’m not surprised he doesn’t want to risk getting guys hurt. I suspected we would have a weak and depleted roster. This might be an indicator of that. Players may not be needing to compete for positions because there may only be 1 or 2 viable players at positions.

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » March 9th, 2019, 5:39 pm

Hypeman wrote:
March 9th, 2019, 3:28 pm
The spring game was fun to attend because you were happy it was ‘spring’ and it was something to do outside and get together. I never even care about the game. Perhaps this year’s event will serve the same purpose. I’m not surprised he doesn’t want to risk getting guys hurt. I suspected we would have a weak and depleted roster. This might be an indicator of that. Players may not be needing to compete for positions because there may only be 1 or 2 viable players at positions.

If that's true, then it is good that our staff was able to sign a lot of kids for the 2019 class. Some of those signees will provide immediate depth when they get here in the fall.

Btw, are we still looking to sign anyone else for 2019? Or are we maxed out on scholarships?
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

opcatzen

Post by opcatzen » March 10th, 2019, 8:01 pm

I think we all just want the f*&*&^i snow and winter to end.

BornWildcat

Pick 'Em

Post by BornWildcat » March 14th, 2019, 9:06 pm

Will the spring practice, or whatever it is, be streamed like the spring game was? I need something to give me a fix and hold me over until fall.
I'll miss Snyder, but I'm excited to see the new brand of Wildcat football in September.

Wildwilly73

Post by Wildwilly73 » March 22nd, 2019, 11:47 am

We are planning to start tailgating about 9 or 9:30! As close to Bill Statue as we can get!

ArKSU

Post by ArKSU » April 3rd, 2019, 2:26 pm

We are planning to start tailgating about 9 or 9:30! As close to Bill Statue as we can get!
What will We be having?
A worried man with a worried mind
People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » April 4th, 2019, 10:26 pm

Just got my e-mail tickets, or whatever they are called. Didn't even realize the practice was this Saturday. Other than the Wheeler kid moving, it doesn't seem to me there has been much hype. Why? Klieman's way of doing things?

Gorhoops

Post by Gorhoops » April 5th, 2019, 8:10 am

hilltopwildcat wrote:
April 4th, 2019, 10:26 pm
Just got my e-mail tickets, or whatever they are called. Didn't even realize the practice was this Saturday. Other than the Wheeler kid moving, it doesn't seem to me there has been much hype. Why? Klieman's way of doing things?

Maybe if you mean hype just for the open practice on the 13th, but my goodness, the hype coming out of spring ball has been off the charts. They post a new video after pretty much every practice with one of the coaches mic'd up, a video of some of the players dancing the other day because they played music from the recently murdered rapper the entire practice, etc.

The hype of spring ball has been huge. Now, if you just mean hype for the event on the 13th, maybe so.

ArKSU

Post by ArKSU » April 5th, 2019, 9:37 am

As a former coach at High School Level and College Level, I am totally supportive of HCCK.

Maybe 10-12 years down the road there will be enough players to have a Spring game, but it's stupider than the entire state of Tex-Ass to put current players in a situation to be hurt and make KSU weaker going into the BIG 12.

Coach Klieman, I doff my hat to you with greatest respect
A worried man with a worried mind
People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » April 5th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Gorhoops wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 8:10 am
hilltopwildcat wrote:
April 4th, 2019, 10:26 pm

Maybe if you mean hype just for the open practice on the 13th, but my goodness, the hype coming out of spring ball has been off the charts. They post a new video after pretty much every practice with one of the coaches mic'd up, a video of some of the players dancing the other day because they played music from the recently murdered rapper the entire practice, etc.

The hype of spring ball has been huge. Now, if you just mean hype for the event on the 13th, maybe so.
I must not subscribe to the same news feeds that you do. I'm not a great video player anyway.