'Cats vs 'Clones

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
xtrawildcat

Re: 'Cats vs 'Clones

Post by xtrawildcat » March 17th, 2019, 12:09 pm

RichardZ wrote:
March 17th, 2019, 10:39 am
ku.jpgKSUstephens...Is this a foul or not? (Answer: no foul according to the refs)
I rewatched the ISU game. Late in the second half, we have a nice break opportunity and kick the ball to Brown for an open three. He misses but Sneed has perfect position on the weak side. Jacobson arrives late, puts and elbow in Sneeds back that knocks him to the floor and gets the rebound. This happened directly in front of the baseline ref with him staring at the play. I had to replay it three times and still don't know why that wasn't called. Not sure if we would have had free throws or just regained possession if a foul had been called but that play likely had an impact on the final result.
Refs are calling fewer fouls this year and that is good but they are also swallowing their whistles too much on very obvious fouls.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 17th, 2019, 1:15 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:33 pm
KsJoey wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:16 pm
I dispise ku as much as any program, but the isu players I dispise even more(this year). Those guys are dbags. I’ve never disliked ISU players like this in the past. The KU players just suck by association to their program, though they’ve had more than their fair share of trash over the past couple decades.

Best case scenario is WVU wins this thing... but I don’t see that happening
A very unlikeable bunch. Halliburton talking trash to Stokes on an inbound pass, Jacobson laughing on the sidelines during the first half. Plus Lard and Shayok are thugs, Horton-Tucker think's he's God's gift to basketball, along with underachieving Wigginton. These are the kinds of personalities that ISU always goes after on the recruiting trail. Can't stand their team. But know this. We won the Big 12 regular season, and they didn't. Let them have their little Sprint Center moment. I'll be rooting against them in the NCAA Tournament, and I don't care if they are from the Big 12. I hope they lose in the first round.
DAMN!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

learnin

Post by learnin » March 17th, 2019, 1:22 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
March 17th, 2019, 12:09 pm
RichardZ wrote:
ku.jpgKSUstephens...Is this a foul or not? (Answer: no foul according to the refs)
I rewatched the ISU game. Late in the second half, we have a nice break opportunity and kick the ball to Brown for an open three. He misses but Sneed has perfect position on the weak side. Jacobson arrives late, puts and elbow in Sneeds back that knocks him to the floor and gets the rebound. This happened directly in front of the baseline ref with him staring at the play. I had to replay it three times and still don't know why that wasn't called. Not sure if we would have had free throws or just regained possession if a foul had been called but that play likely had an impact on the final result.
Refs are calling fewer fouls this year and that is good but they are also swallowing their whistles too much on very obvious fouls.
I replayed the end of that game, xtra, as soon as I got home. When I saw that push down of Xavier, I was steamed. I wrote about that yesterday. It was a blatant no call because Kansas State was in the lead and they didn't want to seal the deal for K-State. It was the same on a Barry drive to the bucket for a lay in. Iowa State defender was behind him and knocked the shot against the back board and then rode Barry's back to the floor. Clear and blatant foul but no call. Once again the ref looks at Barry on the floor. We were ahead and the game is called by the situation, not the rule book.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 17th, 2019, 1:23 pm

powercat95 wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:06 pm
We got ahead by 5 then just quit playing
LaSalle?

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 17th, 2019, 1:23 pm

GoCats wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:12 pm
Committee will screw us over...
Guaranteed. Luntard kept Tech at a 3 (lost to WVU?) beaks at a 4 and dropped us to a 5. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 17th, 2019, 1:33 pm

learnin wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 1:32 am
Piedmontcat wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:26 pm

Looked like X might have said something to the d bag that did the dunk as the clock ran out.
As the clock ran out? The clock had ended about 5 seconds before he dunked.
What was the problem? Made himself look like an a$$. Cartier did the same to the beaks.

bigpurpleman

Post by bigpurpleman » March 17th, 2019, 5:07 pm

learnin wrote:
March 17th, 2019, 2:06 am
bigpurpleman wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 11:44 pm

What season have you been watching? They beat us two out of three.

In game one, Dean played 22 minutes. scored 2 points and we beat them at their place when they were being touted as a final four team.
During the second game, at Bramlage, Dean went out with 4 minutes left and the game still undecided. At Sprint Center, Dean did not play at all and K-State held them to 15 points for 17 minutes of the second half. We missed 4 wide open three's, any of which would have sealed the victory while Shayok had a gift 3 go in from deep in the corner. For all but 2 minutes in the second half, the Cats were the better team without their best player.

So, Dean played a total of 52 minutes out of 120 minutes played between the two. K-State came within a hair of winning two of those games. There's no way that Iowa State is better than a healthy K-State.
You know what they say about excuses? My argument is valid.

bigpurpleman

Post by bigpurpleman » March 17th, 2019, 5:08 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
March 17th, 2019, 11:55 am
bigpurpleman wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 11:44 pm

What season have you been watching? They beat us two out of three.

I watched the season where ISU went 9-9 in the conference, and we went 14-4.
Good thing we didn’t play ISU more than twice during the regular season.

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 17th, 2019, 10:47 pm

RichardZ wrote:
Lightfoot was just going for the ball. ;-) :banghead:

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » March 17th, 2019, 11:06 pm

bigpurpleman wrote:
March 17th, 2019, 5:08 pm
pulitzerdave wrote:
March 17th, 2019, 11:55 am
Good thing we didn’t play ISU more than twice during the regular season.
Good thing they didn't play us at full strength.