COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
learnin

Re: 'Cats vs 'Clones

Post by learnin » March 16th, 2019, 1:24 am

bhoovy wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:06 pm
Great effort by the cats

Officiating absolutely sucked.
The officials were typical. They gave the breaks to the team that was behind. Sneed gets pushed to the ground on a rebound and the official just looks at him. Iowa State goes down and scores. Barry drives and his defender slaps the ball off the backboard and then rides him to the floor. Same official just looks at him. He knew that both were blatant fouls, but wouldn't call it because K-State was ahead.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 16th, 2019, 1:29 am

bigpurpleman wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:15 pm
Without Wade, they are the better team. Maybe even with Wade. Can’t get out rebounded like we did and expect to win a game.
You must've been watching a different game. Better team? We were the better team without Dean. At the 2:38 minute mark of the second half, Iowa State had scored 15 points. Our defense was stellar. The only thing our guys needed was one 3 to go down out of those 4 taken with a lead. Every one of those 4 were right on the mark, but missed by an inch or two. The thing is, with Dean, we could've gone into the paint for some shots.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 16th, 2019, 1:32 am

Piedmontcat wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:26 pm
ddw004 wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:19 pm
What happened during the "hand shakes" after the game?
Looked like X might have said something to the d bag that did the dunk as the clock ran out.
As the clock ran out? The clock had ended about 5 seconds before he dunked.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 16th, 2019, 1:36 am

pulitzerdave wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:33 pm
KsJoey wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:16 pm
I dispise ku as much as any program, but the isu players I dispise even more(this year). Those guys are dbags. I’ve never disliked ISU players like this in the past. The KU players just suck by association to their program, though they’ve had more than their fair share of trash over the past couple decades.

Best case scenario is WVU wins this thing... but I don’t see that happening
A very unlikeable bunch. Halliburton talking trash to Stokes on an inbound pass, Jacobson laughing on the sidelines during the first half. Plus Lard and Shayok are thugs, Horton-Tucker think's he's God's gift to basketball, along with underachieving Wigginton. These are the kinds of personalities that ISU always goes after on the recruiting trail. Can't stand their team. But know this. We won the Big 12 regular season, and they didn't. Let them have their little Sprint Center moment. I'll be rooting against them in the NCAA Tournament, and I don't care if they are from the Big 12. I hope they lose in the first round.
You're right pdave. This group of Iowa State players are thugs and trash. I mean, one week ago, they were fighting one another. I'll never forget Shayok pushing Sneed to the floor because Sneed was shutting him down. I hope they go out first game and I'll be darned if I'm not pulling for KU tomorrow night.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 16th, 2019, 1:39 am

IStillLikeHarv wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:35 pm
kinsleycat wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:29 pm

i'm not following your reasoning. I don't think this loss should drop us down in the rankings much if at all.
Dropping to the six-seed would not be all that bad, but it won't happen. The six-seed avoids meeting the one-seed in the Sweet Sixteen game. All the opponents are tough, but some of those one-seeds would be really tough match-ups for KSU in my opinion. Of course the reality is the luck of the draw. You play whoever shows on the other bench, and you are happy about it because you're in the Big Dance.
I won't be happy about it if they stick K-State with a 1 in the sweet 16 game. I look for them to pair K-State with Kentucky for the third time in five years. They did the same with Wichita State a few years back.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 16th, 2019, 1:44 am

bhoovy wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:51 pm
Wyldkatz wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:45 pm
2nd chance points for ISU killed us. Rebound the ball. That said, we still gave this away with a real good chance to win it. When we are up 55-50 with the ball and launch 3pt shots 3 straight possessions for the dagger instead getting it to the rim to go up 3 scores. As experienced as this team is, they still dont seem to know when a 3 is a good shot and when it's not. I cant think of 3 losses this year where we had 20+ empty possessions because we just wanted to shoot 3s.
Yep those hurt bad. We had 3 on 2 twice and settled for a 3. But on one of those is also when the ISU player went over Sneeds back and knocked him down. Horrible no call. They got a run out layup from it and we should have been at the line.

The refs did play a major role in the outcome of tonight’s game.
Correct. He not only went over the back, he shoved him to the ground. Ref was 2 feet from that and just looked at Sneed on the floor. K-State was in the lead, and in control, so no call. Yet, that was a 4 point swing and was a huge reason why Iowa State came back.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 16th, 2019, 2:09 am

First of all, I'm proud of these guys. Dean out. Xavier hobbled. Cartier just came back from a five week lay off. No criticism from me on last night's hard fought loss. With 2:38 left in the second half, a team, that averaged 78 per game, had scored just 15 points.

There has been some criticism, here and on social media, about our guys chucking some 3's down the stretch and not taking it to the hoop more. I would only say that Iowa State made 3-4 good blocks on our drives to the hoop. Secondly, we were in the lead and the stripes were not giving us any calls on the drives. Thirdly, we had 4 wide open shots, from three, while we were leading. It would have taken only one of those 3's to make it a win. Against TCU, they went down. Three of those were oh so close. On the other end, Shayok's three rims out and bounced high off the backboard only to fall through the hoop. Sometimes, it's just not meant to be.

Ksustephens

Post by Ksustephens » March 16th, 2019, 7:37 am

Will KState make a complaint to the league office for the horrid officiating last night? Tons of over the backs on rebounds, clear outs, and fouls on KState driving to rim were not called. I mean when the officials are right there looking there should be no excuse. These offfials need to be able to answer to this trash.

Stan
Has thanked: 0

Post by Stan » March 16th, 2019, 9:15 am

Jerry Pollard... I think that’s his name. He should have been banned years ago from ever officiating any K State game, or Big 12 games altogether for that matter. I may be wrong but I believe he has ties to ku

ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » March 16th, 2019, 9:43 am

We win the game without the clean blocks at the rim by the Clones. Proud of this team. Got beat in tourney on 2 lucky shots. Rest up. Prepare. Play well in the Big Dance.