college admissions scandal: part deaux

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
KITNooga

college admissions scandal: part deaux

Post by KITNooga » March 14th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Jazz/Mods: this may be foolish of me and fated to be locked before discussion begins, but referencing a recently locked discussion, would it have not been political if the question were asked thus 'is the cheating discussed around college admissions really that different than Elizabeth Warren mistakenly claiming false heritage in applying for a Harvard position?'

the other key point to make: what constitutes the need to lock a thread? versus move it to warzone?

respect that these are/may be rhetorical questions by their very nature.

:mrgreen:
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

wazucat

Post by wazucat » March 14th, 2019, 4:40 pm

Oh my :popcorn:

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » March 14th, 2019, 5:06 pm

One would be a mistake and the other is done on purpose with malice and intent to better someone close to them.

I never knew Texas was considered an elite school. I would like to know why it took the FBI and wiretaps to find the BASKETBALL payoff cheating and this test/enrollment cheating. The NCAA still has not done anything to the basketball cheaters even though some schools are being proactive already. KU not being one of them.

It really does not matter because anytime we get a good discussion going the same group has to kill it.

I was proven wrong about my IRS post as I forgot there is a tight window for a spouse to get out of a fraud. The poster made a good post and point. Most posters here do that. This makes for a good thread.

We do seem to have the troll, the 3 killjoys and one a little touchy that just can't let others enjoy a good topic. If it is completely off topic or just rude then don't post it. If you see someone is a troll or has posted something inappropriate report the post. Don't reply or call it out. That makes it worse and ends up killing the thread. Just ignore the post or change your settings to ignore the poster completely.

Posts on the internet last forever. If you would be uncomfortable being asked about something you posted here in a job interview, when up for a promotion, or by a top client then just do not post it.

I know this post is borderline off topic, but I am on point with the thread title and the question of what makes for a good or bad post. It all comes down to respect. You need to have it for the fellow KSU fans here and you should have it for yourself as well.
Win the dang day!

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » March 14th, 2019, 6:49 pm

Zoltar wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 5:06 pm
I would like to know why it took the FBI and wiretaps to find the BASKETBALL payoff cheating and this test/enrollment cheating. The NCAA still has not done anything to the basketball cheaters even though some schools are being proactive already.
all other jockeying aside, I think this IS the crux of the issue. and I suspect it's just another rhetorical question to ask 'why did it take the FBI, when the NCAA should have, could have, been the one's to police their own system and insure member compliance'.

thanks Mods for allowing the question. take it to warzone at any time.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » March 14th, 2019, 7:02 pm

KITNooga wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 1:41 pm
Jazz/Mods: this may be foolish of me and fated to be locked before discussion begins, but referencing a recently locked discussion, would it have not been political if the question were asked thus 'is the cheating discussed around college admissions really that different than Elizabeth Warren mistakenly claiming false heritage in applying for a Harvard position?'

the other key point to make: what constitutes the need to lock a thread? versus move it to warzone?

respect that these are/may be rhetorical questions by their very nature.

She wasn't referred to as Elizabeth Warren in the post and Harvard recruited Warren for the job, not the other way around. Get your facts straight and quit watching Fox News. Take it to Gods and Generals and I'll be glad to debate your mistruths and BS. You deliberately started this other thread to get your kicks. Now, this thread should be locked as well.

:mrgreen:

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » March 14th, 2019, 7:30 pm

When you reply to the troll you keep their crap alive. Why did you give that troll life? You should just ignore him. No one that has posted here yet is a troll.

When you reply you kill the thread. This one was on life support to begin with. Everyone else chose to ignore him so we could try to have a discussion.

If the thread is locked now it is your fault, not his.
Win the dang day!

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » March 14th, 2019, 8:41 pm

" I would like to know why it took the FBI and wiretaps to find the BASKETBALL payoff cheating and this test/enrollment cheating. The NCAA still has not done anything to the basketball cheaters even though some schools are being proactive already. KU not being one of them."

The NCAA is primed and ready to go. They just didn't want to interfere with the magic of the tournament. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » March 14th, 2019, 9:49 pm

Zoltar wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 7:30 pm
When you reply to the troll you keep their crap alive. Why did you give that troll life? You should just ignore him. No one that has posted here yet is a troll.

When you reply you kill the thread. This one was on life support to begin with. Everyone else chose to ignore him so we could try to have a discussion.

If the thread is locked now it is your fault, not his.

This troll didn't restart this topic to continue a discussion. He did it to argue an entirely different point, injecting toxic political junk. Don't you see the difference? Go back to his original post and look at it. He doesn't care about this topic. If you want to start a legitimate thread on this topic, then go ahead and do it. But this one was dead from the start.

Go up to NEW TOPIC, and do your thing. I'm sure others will be glad to continue discussing the college admissions scandal. You don't have to depend on a troll to carry a discussion. Take the initiative.

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » March 14th, 2019, 10:12 pm

Dave, you are incorrect. KITNooga did not even post to the original thread. He also did not use the racist name the troll used in the original post. He asked a valid question to see if it was the racism, the political point or both that should not be brought up. I suspect that neither should be posted.

Relax and don't let the trolls take you in.

KITN asked good questions and tried to start the thread again without the political junk that you tracked in again.
Win the dang day!

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » March 14th, 2019, 10:15 pm

If the two of you are unable to participate in a discussion without blowing your top, trolling people, and making personal attacks, I would recommend you stay off discussion boards or the moderator boot you off. Anytime legitimate questions are raised that you disagree with, you seem to throw a fit and go after people.

Valid questions were raised for discussion about the broader impact of rampant lying. It seems to be generally accepted as an ok thing to do. If you read the posts more carefully before blowing your top because you didn’t like the example used, you will see the questions raised. I believe that is a huge problem nationally. Maybe you don’t? If not, I recommend you offer some valid reason why rather than making gross accusations. That is what these discussion boards are for.