Sneed-Diarra-McGuirl-Mawien-Williams/Gordon

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
learnin

Re: Sneed-Diarra-McGuirl-Mawien-Williams/Gordon

Post by learnin » March 14th, 2019, 12:03 am

pulitzerdave, see. If they don't get back to the elite 8, they'll be calling for Weber's head again.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » March 14th, 2019, 4:37 am

learnin wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 12:03 am
pulitzerdave, see. If they don't get back to the elite 8, they'll be calling for Weber's head again.
It’s what have you done for me lately.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » March 14th, 2019, 10:42 am

Lowden23 wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 1:50 pm
G Diarra
G McGuirl
F Sneed
F Murphy
C Mawien

Williams and Gordon will be key backups at guard, Trice and Stockard will be key backups at the 4&5, Sneed will average 38 minutes a game.

I also think its possible Gordon will start over McGuirl, but for now, I give McGuirl the starting nod.

Decent team that goes 10-8 in conference, 4-5th place finish, seals a spot in the NCAA tournament in the final week of the regular season. Gets an 8-10 seed, takes 2nd round loss to a 1-2 seed. Half the fan base calls for Weber's head again.....
I think we'll be good defensively next year, but we will struggle to score a lot. Heck, we struggle to score at times this year, with stokes, barry and wade playing. I think we'll be a NCAA tournament team next year, but in the 6-7ish conf range. We lose a lot of scoring.. a lot more than most(if not all) conf teams. Most other teams will take a step forward, and us back.

Though a lot depends on our freshmen.. which is a huge unknown right now. Just my 2 cents

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » March 14th, 2019, 11:39 am

Lots of unknowns. But the expectations for a strong defensive team has been set. If you can't play D, you don't play. Defense will keep us in many games, but will we be able to finish games? That's the thing we were finally able to do this year because of senior leadership and experience. We had lots of failures along the way ... with Brown and Stokes messing things up at the end of games in previous years. But we finally broke through.

Who will have the ball at the end of games next year? It may have to be a freshman. Sneed is not great at getting his own shot, and Cartier doesn't have a jump shot. McGuirl? I don't think so. Shawn Williams? A better chance, but needs to take a big step forward. I would be happy with a 9-9 record in conference next year given the uncertainty of team chemistry and the ability of the freshmen to step in and play significant minutes.