What?

Politics and religion: two polarizing topics that deserve their own little place
katlander

What?

Post by katlander » January 14th, 2021, 11:27 am

What exactly did President Trump say that incited violence? EXACTLY, verbatim. What I am hearing is that he encouraged peaceful protest. I don't think he called for his supporters to come to D.C., only that he was aware they were coming. There has to be more?

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » January 14th, 2021, 12:10 pm

katlander wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 11:27 am
What exactly did President Trump say that incited violence? EXACTLY, verbatim. What I am hearing is that he encouraged peaceful protest. I don't think he called for his supporters to come to D.C., only that he was aware they were coming. There has to be more?
I don't think what Trump did meets the legal definition of incitement. There has to be words that are specific and with intent to cause the result, and that the result is foreseeable. He spoke in enough generalities that it is hard to prove that the ensuing actions of the crowd was foreseeable. I think impeachment is wrong and wasteful.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » January 14th, 2021, 12:29 pm

Katlander, I asked the very same question in the War Room a few days ago. No one from the left responded.

I did not hear the speech when it occurred. Since then I have heard bits and pieces. No where in there have I heard he called for insurrection, maiming, killing, storming, traitorous acts, sedition or anything close.

If I missed it ....please. Someone point it out.

Until then I assume this is a big bag of nothing. Just another Russia, Russia, Russia, telephone call, telephone call, telephone call....

I think Biden is missing a golden opportunity to put into action his words about unity and moving along by coming out against impeachment and its political theater and starting his four years off on a positive note.
These users thanked the author RichardZ for the post:
stlcatfan
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » January 14th, 2021, 1:15 pm

It's not a sincere question, and that's why noone is "answering" it.
"We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.”

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » January 14th, 2021, 2:11 pm

Here is the entire transcript of Trumps speech. Very long and boring rendition of all his allegations of voter fraud. I have pasted the last comments he made to the crowd .

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Tra ... 868948.php

I think one of our great achievements will be election security. Because nobody until I came along had any idea how corrupt our elections were.

And again, most people would stand there at 9 o’clock in the evening and say I want to thank you very much, and they go off to some other life. But I said something’s wrong here, something is really wrong, can have happened.

And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.

Our exciting adventures and boldest endeavors have not yet begun. My fellow Americans, for our movement, for our children, and for our beloved country.

And I say this despite all that’s happened. The best is yet to come.

So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we’re going to the Capitol, and we’re going to try and give.

The Democrats are hopeless, they never vote for anything. Not even one vote. But we’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones because the strong ones don’t need any of our help. We’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue.

I want to thank you all. God bless you and God Bless America.

Thank you all for being here. This is incredible. Thank you very much. Thank you.

katlander

Post by katlander » January 14th, 2021, 2:39 pm

WIldWIllieCat wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 1:15 pm
It's not a sincere question, and that's why noone is "answering" it.
BS

katlander

Post by katlander » January 14th, 2021, 2:41 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 2:11 pm
Here is the entire transcript of Trumps speech. Very long and boring rendition of all his allegations of voter fraud. I have pasted the last comments he made to the crowd .

I think one of our great achievements will be election security. Because nobody until I came along had any idea how corrupt our elections were.

And again, most people would stand there at 9 o’clock in the evening and say I want to thank you very much, and they go off to some other life. But I said something’s wrong here, something is really wrong, can have happened.

And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.

Our exciting adventures and boldest endeavors have not yet begun. My fellow Americans, for our movement, for our children, and for our beloved country.

So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we’re going to the Capitol, and we’re going to try and give.

The Democrats are hopeless, they never vote for anything. Not even one vote. But we’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones because the strong ones don’t need any of our help. We’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

Thank you all for being here. This is incredible. Thank you very much. Thank you.
Not exactly a call to arms. He used the term fight several times throughout the speech and never did it refer to any kind of physical action. It referred to fighting politically. I think he has mentioned peaceful protest in other recent speeches. I listened to this speech live and felt no call to riot or take any other action other than to show up in support. Does anyone think there would be a snowballs chance in he!! of this being an impeachable speech if made by Obama? Maybe we should go through his old speeches and see if they could be similarly construed to justify posthumous impeachment. Ridiculous!

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » January 14th, 2021, 8:15 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 2:11 pm

Wait. That was it? I too, thought I must have missed something that Trump said.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » January 14th, 2021, 8:23 pm

Statistically impossible to have lost the 2020 Election,” Trump, a Republican, tweeted on Dec. 20. “Big protest in DC on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!”

And this is what he did as his supporters stormed the capitol and force Senators to cover:

Trump first called the personal cell phone of Lee, a Utah Republican, shortly after 2 p.m. ET. At that time the senators had been evacuated from the Senate floor and were in a temporary holding room, as a pro-Trump mob began breaching the Capitol.
Lee picked up the phone and Trump identified himself, and it became clear he was looking for Tuberville and had been given the wrong number. Lee, keeping the President on hold, went to find his colleague and handed Tuberville his phone, telling him the President was on the line and had been trying to reach him.
Trump pressured Pence to engineer a coup, then put the VP in danger, source says
Trump pressured Pence to engineer a coup, then put the VP in danger, source says
Tuberville spoke with Trump for less than 10 minutes, with the President trying to convince him to make additional objections to the Electoral College vote in a futile effort to block Congress' certification of President-elect Joe Biden's win, according to a source familiar with the call. The call was cut off because senators were asked to move to a secure location.

ChemicalKat

Post by ChemicalKat » January 15th, 2021, 9:02 am

It’s very simple: years of indoctrination that Trump and only Trump is right, the truth doesn’t matter, and the left is embedded in every form of government threatening to take down society. Then followed by months of FALSELY claiming the election was stolen gave the zealots a reason to fight. THEN statements on the day of like this:

“Trial by combat,”
“We will not be let them silence our voices”
“You’ll never take back our country with weakness”
“You will have an illegitimate president “
“This is the most corrupt election in American history maybe the world”
“We must stop the steal and ensure it never happens again,”
“And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

So if you have indoctrinated people with motivation and told to go fight like hell by their “savior” they’re going to do just that.