DC a mess ...... I crave good news

Politics and religion: two polarizing topics that deserve their own little place
SCKSCat

DC a mess ...... I crave good news

Post by SCKSCat » January 13th, 2021, 6:32 pm

I am tired of the whole mess in DC. I am not in favor of Biden's policies, but I hope he can bring adulthood and sanity back to the public square.
I am afraid Hillary, the Obamas and Pelosi will not let him.
VP Harris is an agitator too.

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » January 13th, 2021, 6:36 pm

I doubt Biden will make a difference.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

katlander

Post by katlander » January 13th, 2021, 11:09 pm

SCKSCat wrote:
January 13th, 2021, 6:32 pm
I am tired of the whole mess in DC. I am not in favor of Biden's policies, but I hope he can bring adulthood and sanity back to the public square.
I am afraid Hillary, the Obamas and Pelosi will not let him.
VP Harris is an agitator too.
C'mon, Biden is just as bad as the rest of them. Don't believe the left wing malarkey. Look back into the distant past, say 2015. The left was in control and it was a mess. Constant stream of illegals at the southern border, almost constant domestic terrorism, lines in the sand, incessant involvement in foreign wars, paying huge money to our enemies and a slew of other insane behavior, Totally corrupt, ineffective, do nothing government. All of this poor performance and yet they were getting rich from lobbyists, corporate and other kickbacks, and who knows what other nefarious means of graft, and all at our expense.

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » January 14th, 2021, 11:05 am

Biden's past racist position is conveniently forgotten by Dems and the media.

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » January 14th, 2021, 11:11 am

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 11:05 am
Which is why your dislike for him is confusing.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

katlander

Post by katlander » January 14th, 2021, 11:20 am

NealyFan wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 11:11 am
ToledoCat#3 wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 11:05 am
Which is why your dislike for him is confusing.
Maybe it is because we are not racist. Racism has become a tool of the corrupt, Tell the people something enough and they will believe it. This is an old tactic used by Hitler and many others. The vast majority on the right want to put racism in the rear view mirror but leftist leaders will not let it happen. Are there any on the right here who are not thrilled with Darren Sproles induction into the college football Hall of Fame?? I just posted a couple cool videos about Mitch Richmond and run TMC on the basketball board. Instead of talking about how racist America is why don't we talk about how far we have come in that area. Positivity not negativity. Build up not tear down. Unite not divide.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » January 14th, 2021, 12:18 pm

most of us hope biden's presidency exceeds our expectations. i pray it does.

one thing coming from trump's insurrection and impeachments is that we'll likely never see in our lifetimes another non-career politician in the white house. and that's perhaps the saddest outcome.

i see nikki haley is starting her campaign.
"Live together as brothers, or perish together as fools." MLK

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » January 14th, 2021, 1:17 pm

tmcats wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 12:18 pm
most of us hope biden's presidency exceeds our expectations. i pray it does.
I don't have high expectations, it doesn't appear like most folks are willing or wanting unity.
"We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.”

wazucat

Post by wazucat » January 14th, 2021, 2:09 pm

I did not like Obama, or Clinton or Bush or Bush 2 or Trump or Biden or Nixon or Jimmy C or LBJ, but I wanted all of them to be successful because 'Merica ya know, it is in my best interest and the USA interest - if the Pres any Pres is successful.

I liked Ike and Ronnie BTW Kinda neutral on JFK and Ford.

katlander

Post by katlander » January 14th, 2021, 3:34 pm

I'd say Obama was the biggest disappointment. He is smart and well spoken and was in a position to heal old wounds but instead he started off trying to force the right to accept socialized medicine. When we didn't he spent the rest of his 8 years in pout mode and was divisive on race and in other areas. A divider and very disappointing. opportunity lost. I have some hope that Joe will be better. But I really don't trust him.

Hopefully Nikki Haley can be a force for compromise and good.