Meatless Mondays in NYC schools

Politics and religion: two polarizing topics that deserve their own little place
ToledoCat#2
Posts: 2896
Joined: December 2nd, 2017, 9:53 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 130 times

Re: Meatless Mondays in NYC schools

Post by ToledoCat#2 » March 15th, 2019, 5:29 pm

If everyone went meatless one day a week, it would equate to roughly one seventh of the animal protein market in the U.S. That would be bad for farmers.

But then, Nealy, you're not worried about farmers' well being. They're faux-socialists for accepting government subsidies and deserve to go broke.

ChemicalKat
Posts: 3231
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 9:18 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times

Post by ChemicalKat » March 15th, 2019, 5:59 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 5:29 pm
If everyone went meatless one day a week, it would equate to roughly one seventh of the animal protein market in the U.S. That would be bad for farmers.

But then, Nealy, you're not worried about farmers' well being. They're faux-socialists for accepting government subsidies and deserve to go broke.
Wouldn't that mean more vegetables eaten? Good for farmers?

Opensource
Posts: 632
Joined: September 16th, 2017, 7:14 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Opensource » March 15th, 2019, 8:31 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 5:24 pm
What, WWC? Milk not good nutrition for children ..or adults even? Everything is political for you. School meals equate to the dairy lobby? For crying out loud! Petty! Pathetic!
Milk isn’t “healthy. Other countries aren’t influenced by the milk lobby and it isn’t promoted as a healthy food. School lunches were largely commodity dumps for the agribusiness industry for years.

Number8son
Posts: 1121
Joined: September 21st, 2017, 6:28 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 23 times

Pick 'Em

Post by Number8son » March 15th, 2019, 10:59 pm

Opensource wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:31 pm
ToledoCat#2 wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 5:24 pm
What, WWC? Milk not good nutrition for children ..or adults even? Everything is political for you. School meals equate to the dairy lobby? For crying out loud! Petty! Pathetic!
Milk isn’t “healthy. Other countries aren’t influenced by the milk lobby and it isn’t promoted as a healthy food. School lunches were largely commodity dumps for the agribusiness industry for years.
Yeah, you're right. That's why doctors promote it for the young and the old because it isn't healthy. And butter is a lot worse than margarine. That's why good brain function depends on having enough fat because it isn't healthy.
'

ToledoCat#2
Posts: 2896
Joined: December 2nd, 2017, 9:53 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 130 times

Post by ToledoCat#2 » March 16th, 2019, 9:54 am

I think we now understand Open's posts better. Drank soymilk all his life. Breast-milk = infanticide.

Opensource
Posts: 632
Joined: September 16th, 2017, 7:14 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Opensource » March 16th, 2019, 9:57 am

Number8son wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 10:59 pm
Opensource wrote:
March 15th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Milk isn’t “healthy. Other countries aren’t influenced by the milk lobby and it isn’t promoted as a healthy food. School lunches were largely commodity dumps for the agribusiness industry for years.
Yeah, you're right. That's why doctors promote it for the young and the old because it isn't healthy. And butter is a lot worse than margarine. That's why good brain function depends on having enough fat because it isn't healthy.
'
Sorry. No. Here is one example close to home. https://nationalpost.com/health/health- ... guide-2019

Post Reply