How much do you love your dog?

Come on in, kick your feet up, and shoot the breeze...
DMC

Re: How much do you love your dog?

Post by DMC » March 6th, 2020, 10:18 am

We lost our dog almost a year ago. What a dog she was. A corgi, smart as a whip, I could teach that dog to do any trick, with food as a reward.
She was a state champion in agility, and came within .2 of a second of beating the junior national champion the next year. She didn’t have a mean bone in her body. She was my daughters 4h dog, and she was the champion of champions, I can only think of a time or two where she didn't win. She was much more then a champion she was my daughters best friend.
To make things short she got congestive heart failure. She couldn’t do the things she loved, ride out to feed the horses. Her last days, she urinated on the carpet. She hadn’t done this even as a puppy. That morning I took her to the vet knowing they were going to have to put her down. Now I’m a tough guy, I was a cop for 25 years I’m getting ready to go into my sixties, and I can still bench press well into the 300’s. This however brought a tear to my eye, put her down or make her suffer would be my choices. Now those on here who know what I post know Jesus is my Lord and Savior above all. With a tear in my eye, I asked the Lord take her, so I didn’t have to make the choice to kill her.
I drove my dog down to the horse pen that last day, she couldn’t get out of the truck. I drove her down to the vets office . She walked very slowly into the office. They called out her name, and told me take her into the examination room. We walked into the examination room and she just dropped dead. The first thing I did was give thanks to my Lord and Savior. The second thing I did was kneel on the ground beside her, and pet her, while telling her what an amazing and faithful servant she was.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » March 8th, 2020, 7:44 am

DMC wrote:
March 6th, 2020, 10:18 am
...was kneel on the ground beside her, and pet her, while telling her what an amazing and faithful servant she was.
been there. done that. as hard as it is, the life we 'give' these furry family members is also amazing. although, who here really thinks we give near as much as we get from them?

certainly not me.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » March 8th, 2020, 1:50 pm

DMC...if I come back as a dog I want to you to be my owner.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke