Ol Country

Come on in, kick your feet up, and shoot the breeze...
RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Re: Ol Country

Post by RichardZ » July 15th, 2019, 8:02 pm

Yeah, no doubt Natalie Maines shot off her yammer. I was pi$$ed and miffed, but they were so talented...Listen to "Traveling' Soldier"
https://youtu.be/AbfgxznPmZM
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » July 15th, 2019, 8:17 pm

Here you go Toledo..

.https://youtu.be/neJB3zTnSKg
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

Cooter
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Cooter » July 17th, 2019, 3:24 am

kinsleycat wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 9:25 am
ToledoCat#2 wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 8:53 am
Chris Stapleton is fine, but Sturgill Simpson is an unknown to me.

RZ, Toby Keith is great. Dropped the Dixie Chicks years ago for their politics, and the Jane Dear Girls are a new name to me.

It don't take much to get me out of touch these days. :0
The Dixie Chicks were flying high until Natalie Maines shot off her mouth bashing the USA over in England. They may as well have jumped off a cliff, it pretty much destroyed their careers. I'll never understand why co called celebrities think their political views will influence people to change their own opinions.
She bashed George Bush not the USA.

Should Toby have kept his mouth shut too?

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » July 17th, 2019, 8:24 am

I've guess never really understood the "purist" approach to art and music. I have a lot of friends and family that seem to think that when an artist or musician says/does something offensive they should essentially boycott that person, and I just don't get it.

When Ted Nugget shoots off his mouth about sticking a gun in Hillary's mouth and pulling the trigger I just chuckle and shake my head then go back to enjoying his music. By all accounts Michael Jackson was a sick man, but I still enjoy his music, acknowledge he was a freak, and move on.

On a similar note I also hear radio ads for a "conservative" cellular telephone company(just as an example) and I shake my head at that stuff too. When I go to buy a toaster or whatever I don't give a rat's ass about the manufacturer's stance on abortion, or gun control, etc...lol

kinsleycat

Post by kinsleycat » July 17th, 2019, 11:30 am

The point is that if I am paying $50 or more to listen to someone sing, I don't want to hear them spouting off their political views. Just sing your songs and keep your politics out of it. Her arrogant statement destroyed a promising career for the Dixie Chicks. So be it. Words and actions have consequences. C/W singers have learned to avoid making the same mistake since then for the most part.

ToledoCat#2

Post by ToledoCat#2 » July 17th, 2019, 2:55 pm

Thanks for the music and the comments.

My only comments is this: I don't want to financially aid the career of a person who offends my tender sensibilities with their political or social rhetoric -- with one possible exception, Willie Nelson. I both agree and disagree with his public statements, but his music is so pure and good that I can enjoy it in good conscience.

I've never watched any Star Wars movies or so-called "action" movies with non-human characters for the same reason.

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » July 18th, 2019, 8:03 am

If you make a damned fined toaster at a reasonable price, I'm gonna buy....I don't care what the manufacturer's stance on abortion is.

You guys are certainly free to engage in that sort of politicized consumerism.

@Toledo, what exactly is your beef with "non-human characters"??????

BigCat6907

Post by BigCat6907 » July 18th, 2019, 8:08 am

I thought this was a post on country music. Does everything have to be turned into a political dog fight on this board.

ToledoCat#2

Post by ToledoCat#2 » July 18th, 2019, 4:08 pm

WWC. I have no real beef with animated movie characters, except that I don't enjoy them, except in most Disney cartoons. The "action" movies are too noisy and too violent for my enjoyment. Hearing aids will do that to you. ')

Same reason I never enjoyed electronic games. My stance -- to each, his own enjoyment.

Cooter

Post by Cooter » July 18th, 2019, 8:18 pm

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
July 17th, 2019, 2:55 pm
Thanks for the music and the comments.

My only comments is this: I don't want to financially aid the career of a person who offends my tender sensibilities with their political or social rhetoric -- with one possible exception, Willie Nelson. I both agree and disagree with his public statements, but his music is so pure and good that I can enjoy it in good conscience.

I've never watched any Star Wars movies or so-called "action" movies with non-human characters for the same reason.
I don’t get the Star Wars hate.