pups

Come on in, kick your feet up, and shoot the breeze...
ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: pups

Post by ToledoCat#2 » May 29th, 2019, 10:04 am

You sure they weren't baby Coons, not coyotes? ;) Just seems more appropriate.

kinsleycat

Post by kinsleycat » May 29th, 2019, 10:40 am

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 10:04 am
You sure they weren't baby Coons, not coyotes? ;) Just seems more appropriate.
Ha, there's plenty of them around as well. Last year I had to put 4 of them down. They had either rabies or more'n likely distemper. That creek got it's name for a reason. Our high schools mascot is the coyotes. There's a reason for that too.

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » May 29th, 2019, 7:26 pm

We have a long haired Border Collie (Ronnie Reagan) and a short haired Border Collie (Cowboy). What great dogs. Smart, smart smart. Both need a lot of attention. Would not recommend for working couples, but if you are retired or work from home these are one breed to look at.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » May 30th, 2019, 3:08 pm

RichardZ wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 7:26 pm
We have a long haired Border Collie (Ronnie Reagan) and a short haired Border Collie (Cowboy). What great dogs. Smart, smart smart. Both need a lot of attention. Would not recommend for working couples, but if you are retired or work from home these are one breed to look at.
agreed.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

WIldWIllieCat

Post by WIldWIllieCat » December 20th, 2019, 9:27 pm

KITN where did you ever land on this? I know you were being patient and waiting for the 'right' dog, but Christmas time would be a great time to go to your local shelter and MAKE one 'em "the right dog". :D

ToledoCat#2

Post by ToledoCat#2 » December 21st, 2019, 9:55 am

I think you already know that any dog predominantly Border Collie, herder, or mountain cur will not be a happy camper unless it gets to stay active every day. They are NOT sedentary dogs, but are great house dogs if you can stand the shedding.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » December 23rd, 2019, 4:52 pm

thanks for asking WWC. Can't pull the trigger on a dog right now. it's just me and work has me out of town 35 - 40 weeks each year on average.
not fair to have a dog at this time.

but looking, thinking about it. I'm not 'breed fixated' but will have a short list. then it's a matter of finding the right dog and temperament.
when I have time for a dog, the plan is to be 'with' that dog every day. where I go; she goes. within reason.

lost my dog to old age over a year ago, gosh it will be two this april. miss her terribly. last 4 years of her life I boarded her with a family down the street. it was great for her. but we both wanted to be with each other. just made do/made it work.

it will be a while before I can look in earnest and find 'the one'.

merry Christmas to you and yours willie.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » December 28th, 2019, 11:26 pm

cowboy.jpg
cowboy.jpg (71.13 KiB) Viewed 4752 times

Cowboy..smooth hair Border Collie
(Did someone say they need attention?)
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » January 3rd, 2020, 11:56 am

that's a great pup!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2BfzUIBy9A[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iWSo_rnFME[/youtube]

if you treat a dog like he's a dog; he'll never be smarter than a dog

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » January 3rd, 2020, 1:36 pm

...If I come back as a dog I hope it is under this guy's care.

"Life is too precious to be upset"....priceless.