K-State License Plates

Come on in, kick your feet up, and shoot the breeze...
stlcatfan

K-State License Plates

Post by stlcatfan » May 10th, 2019, 8:27 pm

I will be renewing my license plates next month and it got me to thinking about K-State license plates. I know that, besides Kansas, you can get them in the states of Texas and Maryland. Does anyone know why Missouri doesn't do this, especially with so many K-State alums living in the KC metro area? I would like to get a K-State license plate for my car. From what I understand, some of the money goes to support scholarships, too. TIA.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » May 11th, 2019, 4:48 pm

tn doesn't do it either. but on the website, if we put together a coalition of KSU alumn, petition (and of course put up 'some money') we can make it happen.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » May 11th, 2019, 5:58 pm

Here, knock yourself out and get the plate designed:

https://dor.mo.gov/motorv/plateprocess/
Win the dang day!

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » May 11th, 2019, 6:28 pm

KITNooga wrote:
May 11th, 2019, 4:48 pm
tn doesn't do it either. but on the website, if we put together a coalition of KSU alumn, petition (and of course put up 'some money') we can make it happen.
Thanks. I may have to check with the Alumni Association to see if there is already a petition from alums living in Missouri. I will gladly add my name.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln

hilltopwildcat

Post by hilltopwildcat » May 11th, 2019, 7:13 pm

I would assume political pressure from the universities in MO to prevent money from going out of state. We just cut 4 decals and put them in the corners of the plate. You can't see them going down the road but you can when you're parked.