"The Kids are Alright" TV show

Come on in, kick your feet up, and shoot the breeze...
Number8son
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pick 'Em

"The Kids are Alright" TV show

Post by Number8son » February 20th, 2019, 5:17 pm

I don't watch much else, but news, sports and this TV show which is on Tuesday (by DVR). It's very funny to me. A Catholic family with eight sons in the early 1970s. I hope it gets renewed.

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » March 6th, 2019, 10:33 am

I am thinking I haven't watch a 'comedy' show in 20+ years (Seinfeld) The canned laughter drives me insane on all those other offerings.

We DVR just about everything and click thru the incessant ads as fast a we can. Nine clicks of 30 seconds each and onto the show.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

Number8son

Pick 'Em

Post by Number8son » May 15th, 2019, 10:14 pm

Using the DVR is efficient. I think this show is very well written and produced. Sometimes the humor is a little raw, but it is fairly witty.

ToledoCat#2

Post by ToledoCat#2 » May 16th, 2019, 9:59 am

I'm with you RZ. They couldn't sell a TV ad for a fourth as much as they do it everyone watched TV like you and I.

Speaking of "real" comedy, it was sad news of the passing yesterday of Tim Conway -- one of the funniest guys who ever drew a breath. I could watch all the Carol Burnett Shows over and over and always laugh at Tim and the rest of the crew. RIP.

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » May 16th, 2019, 9:34 pm

TV infancy. I always liked Bob Newhart too. Especially, the show where he ran an Inn.

Larry, Darrell and his other brother Darrell.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

stlcatfan

Post by stlcatfan » May 26th, 2019, 12:58 pm

RichardZ wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 10:33 am
I am thinking I haven't watch a 'comedy' show in 20+ years (Seinfeld) The canned laughter drives me insane on all those other offerings.

We DVR just about everything and click thru the incessant ads as fast a we can. Nine clicks of 30 seconds each and onto the show.
Same here. I think the last comedy shows I watched on TV were the ones that came on after the 10 o'clock news like Barney Miller and Cheers (with the original cast). That was years ago. Now the only time I watch TV is if we are having severe weather or if K-State or a Big 12 team is playing.

I think TV is slowly going the way of the dinosaur. Do young people even watch TV once they outgrow the little kids shows?
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet." -- Abraham Lincoln