Cool, old photos

Come on in, kick your feet up, and shoot the breeze...
02Cat

Pick 'Em

Cool, old photos

Post by 02Cat » October 2nd, 2018, 10:34 am

I don't particularly like jazz music, but the picture in the article below just looks fun. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall that morning just to hear some of the conversations. I really enjoy old photos, particularly with some kind of historical story behind it vs. just an old photo. Does anyone else feel the same, or have a picture that they enjoy??

By the way, A Great Day in Harlem is a subtle sub-plot of the movie The Terminal with Tom Hanks circa 2004 which I just re-watched last week and then discovered this article today.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/lens ... e=Homepage

Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin

kinsleycat
Has thanked: 0

Post by kinsleycat » October 26th, 2018, 4:41 pm

I've always enjoyed looking at the old pictures from the 30's and 40's that my parents had.. Seeing my folks in their 30's and 40's along with aunts and uncles and cousins in their youth is pretty cool. Of course these are all black and white photos but it doesn't detract from them at all.

Mauser

Post by Mauser » October 26th, 2018, 8:53 pm

I recientally came across some colorized pictures from ww1. Really cool I'll see if I can find them again tomorrow.

Mauser

Post by Mauser » October 26th, 2018, 8:55 pm

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » October 27th, 2018, 9:59 am

Those are pretty cool Mauser. I'll admit I almost couldn't click on the "Medical" link though....just kinda creepy.