CPAP

Come on in, kick your feet up, and shoot the breeze...
SCKSCat

CPAP

Post by SCKSCat » November 14th, 2021, 9:16 am

I encourage you to get one if you need it. It made a big difference for me.
It is hell though when you have a bad cold though. Coughing and sneezing in a face mask isn't pleasing, but at least air is getting blasted down into your lungs.
Points of advice:
Don't make your machine.
Don't buy one at a garage sell.
Don't share one.
You can buy supplies for them on line at other place besides the medical supply store such as thee mask wipes.
The ozone cleaners are not good for the machines.

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » November 14th, 2021, 10:37 am

My son-in-law has used one for several years and it's helped him sleep.

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » December 16th, 2021, 5:27 pm

lots of benefits. one of which is quality sleep. a foundation to many things.
I don't use a humidifier with mine. actually find it better without. others will see it differently.

really dropped my 'event count' significantly. to the point where it is borderline 'do I need it'. staying on the program. since it's really tough to know if/when events happen unless you have a bed partner with very sharp elbows. benefits to health in many arenas including blood pressure.

I do use an ozone system to sanitize. it is set to run mid/late morning so I'm not in the room, have been out of the room for a few hours... and won't be back in the room for many hours. then, I remove the mask from the ozne unit, turn on the CPAP and trot off the the bathroom for 'the routine'... so it runs for a few minutes, moving air through the system.

haven't seen that much info that talks about it being'tough' on the equipment. have seen where alchohol based, soap based cleaners aren't good for the rubber seals though.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest

MGPcat

Post by MGPcat » December 29th, 2021, 9:14 am

I just started and I feel like wrestling with the hose keeps me awake as much if not more than events

KITNooga

Post by KITNooga » January 30th, 2022, 11:43 pm

MGPcat wrote:
December 29th, 2021, 9:14 am
I just started and I feel like wrestling with the hose keeps me awake as much if not more than events
once I got on it regularly, I quit sleeping 'restless'. actually learned, trained myself to sleep on my back. th is from a lifelong 'side' sleeper.

keep at it. you'll figur it out.
If you have to be persuaded, reminded, pressured, lied to, incentivized, coerced, bullied, socially shamed, guilt-tripped, threatened, punished and criminalized...you can be absolutely certain that what is being promoted is not in your best interest