Favorite - Least favorite summer bug or crawly

Come on in, kick your feet up, and shoot the breeze...
SCKSCat

Favorite - Least favorite summer bug or crawly

Post by SCKSCat » July 5th, 2021, 8:47 am

Favorite. Cicadas and lightning bugs, crickets
Least: Squeeters, ticks,.spiders junebugs

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » July 5th, 2021, 11:39 am

Chiggers are the absolute worst, followed by squash bugs and ladybugs in the fall. Skeeters aren't bad where we live most years.

My favorite crawly things are the big juicy June Bug white grubs from my compost pile and big juicy earthworms. Both are excellent fish bait. Lightning bugs are great for kids, but they are the harbinger of chiggers.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » July 5th, 2021, 4:36 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
July 5th, 2021, 11:39 am
Chiggers are the absolute worst, followed by squash bugs and ladybugs in the fall. Skeeters aren't bad where we live most years.

My favorite crawly things are the big juicy June Bug white grubs from my compost pile and big juicy earthworms. Both are excellent fish bait. Lightning bugs are great for kids, but they are the harbinger of chiggers.
.Toledo did you ever have a dog that would eat bugs out under the yard light? Man we did. That dog had the worst breath and gas, especially riding up front in the pickup. Cats were just as bad.

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » July 5th, 2021, 5:37 pm

I recall the barn cats eating bugs around the lights or lantern, but not the dogs.

I once had a mongrel pet dog that ate a gorging stomach full of mice that ran out from under shocks of grain sorghum and then un-gorged the whole putrid mess in the front seat of the pickup. ugh!
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post:
SCKSCat