Tesla

Come on in, kick your feet up, and shoot the breeze...
bindweed

Tesla

Post by bindweed » January 11th, 2021, 6:00 pm

A friend of mine bought a Tesla car. He gave me a ride and WOW. At 30 mph if he floored it I couldn't lift my head off the seat. It's the fastest car I have ever ridden in. The technology is amazing. There is nothing on the dash except a screen and everything is done on that touch screen.

The bad news is that I think I am to old to understand all the technology to run the car...lol

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » January 12th, 2021, 11:25 am

I'm wondering if the Tesla screen ever has the twirly thingy my TV has when it is streaming from the router. My computer and TV lock up on occasion and act weirdly.

Does this happen in an electric car with all those computer devices they rely on?

One thing I do have to learn (as I almost was taken out by a Tesla) is when I go for the mail (the mailbox is across the street) I cannot depend on my hearing to hear a Tesla coming. They are silent. Gas and diesels I can hear quite a ways away.

I kind of like the rumble of my GTO. Not ready for silent cars just yet.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » January 14th, 2021, 11:01 am

Can't understand how Musk built a multi-billion dollar biz totally on debt and venture capital and has no way of turning a profit. Regular biz model turned on its head.

Bindweed, I felt the same way when I got to ride in a new red Corvette as a frosh at KSU.

bindweed

Post by bindweed » January 14th, 2021, 8:03 pm

I'm curious if the touch screen will still be working when the car is 10 years old. What year GTO? I loved the body style from the late 60's to early 70's. I could only dream about riding in a Corvette back in the day, they were so cool.

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » January 20th, 2021, 10:32 pm

Bindweed...well, I wish I could tell you I had my 1966 GTO convertible that we bought brand new right after graduation, but alas it was stolen. Right now we have the 2006 GTO. Not the great looks of the '66, but it is quick handles great and has a nice rumble.
"At the core of Liberalism is the spoiled child... miserable, as all spoiled children are. Unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats"...P. J. O'Rourke

Zoltar

Post by Zoltar » January 20th, 2021, 10:47 pm

From KC north to the great lakes an electric car actually generates more CO2 and greenhouse gas than if you had a gasoline car. It is due to the fact we generate our electricity from coal. They have to make the electricity from something.

Look it up online. I was surprised as well.
Win the dang day!

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » February 8th, 2021, 10:50 am

Tesla just purchased $1.9 B worth of Bitcoin and will accept payment for their vehicles in Bitcoin.

RichardZ

Pick 'Em

Post by RichardZ » February 8th, 2021, 10:50 am

Tesla just purchased $1.9 B worth of Bitcoin and will accept payment for their vehicles in Bitcoin.