Any news concerning the Ladies.

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
kcsinger

Any news concerning the Ladies.

Post by kcsinger » June 22nd, 2020, 8:08 am

Was just curious as if anyone has any updates on how the summers (Covid isolations) etc, went for the team. Any one have anything significant happen? Any news? haven't had much to talk about on the lately:

Thanks

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 23rd, 2020, 3:44 pm

carr was deeply involved in "black lives matter" protests in minneapolis and mhk. ranke says she has recovered well from surgery and has two years of eligibility left - got a medical redshirt evidently.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

kcsinger

Post by kcsinger » June 24th, 2020, 7:56 am

tmcats wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 3:44 pm
carr was deeply involved in "black lives matter" protests in minneapolis and mhk. ranke says she has recovered well from surgery and has two years of eligibility left - got a medical redshirt evidently.
Thanks tm, for the update

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » June 24th, 2020, 4:16 pm

ashley ray has also received a medical redshirt. that means we will now have only 1 senior in 20-21 and 7 in 21-22. that is if none of the juniors this year leave. makes for some interesting numbers. already have 3 commitments for 21, so that would make us 1 over the scholarship limit at 16, and someone will have to leave or we will have to back off one of the commits. i really thought we would have another defection this year, but so far it hasn't happened. recruiting a class of 7 in 2022 will not be an easy task. it could be a make or break year. i haven't seen much activity. i know of a couple longtime offers we have out, but they are top 10 kids and our chances of getting them are probably a long shot. one of them is from minnesota so i guess we can hope. i think the covid 19 dead period on recruiting has really slowed things down. i know it has been extended to july 31st and don't know what will happen then. it means coaches can't go out and players can' come in. i notice the aau circuits are cranking up. i don't know if that is for parents and team personnel only or what their protocols are.

kcsinger

Post by kcsinger » June 25th, 2020, 7:52 am

greycat68 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 4:16 pm
ashley ray has also received a medical redshirt. that means we will now have only 1 senior in 20-21 and 7 in 21-22. that is if none of the juniors this year leave. makes for some interesting numbers. already have 3 commitments for 21, so that would make us 1 over the scholarship limit at 16, and someone will have to leave or we will have to back off one of the commits. i really thought we would have another defection this year, but so far it hasn't happened. recruiting a class of 7 in 2022 will not be an easy task. it could be a make or break year. i haven't seen much activity. i know of a couple longtime offers we have out, but they are top 10 kids and our chances of getting them are probably a long shot. one of them is from minnesota so i guess we can hope. i think the covid 19 dead period on recruiting has really slowed things down. i know it has been extended to july 31st and don't know what will happen then. it means coaches can't go out and players can' come in. i notice the aau circuits are cranking up. i don't know if that is for parents and team personnel only or what their protocols are.
Thanks for the info Greycat this is the kind of dialogue I was hoping to start.

kcsinger

Post by kcsinger » June 26th, 2020, 10:59 am

greycat68 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 4:16 pm
Any possibility of one of the Junior taking a red shirt so we can redistribute the numbers a little. Who would be the most likely?

oldcat59
Has thanked: 0

Post by oldcat59 » June 26th, 2020, 12:05 pm

SINGER.... WHO would you red-shirt? Carr? Savy? Macke? or talk our new transfer Pippin into sitting out? Would be nice... but certainly doubt if any can be convinced to hold over for another year!

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » June 27th, 2020, 9:51 am

three quick thoughts.

1.agree. no likely candidates for a junior redshirting.
2.the recruiting dead period has now been extended until august 31st.
3.this whole mcneal tweet episode is making me very sad. i hate that k-state can have such a thing happen and get such national noteriety. the lack of k-state sports and the uncertainty of their future has been depressing enough.

kcsinger

Post by kcsinger » September 8th, 2020, 3:59 pm

Any good news concerning the Ladies lately I am starved for any updates since school has started.

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » September 9th, 2020, 9:58 am

not much current news. i think everyone is just waiting to see if and when the season is going to start. haven't heard anything about covid or injuries on the team. if there is a season, i suspect it will be a shortened schedule. don't know if fans will be allowed or not. this whole thing sucks,

they have been very active on the recruiting trail. getting quite a few offers out there from 2022 all the way through 2025. if everyone who is here now gets another year of eligibility due to the ncaa ruling it will be interesting to see how that all plays out and how it affects recruiting.