Coach Mittie

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
greycat68

Re: Coach Mittie

Post by greycat68 » March 11th, 2020, 3:48 pm

please don;t take this wrong, but i think a big part of this teams problem in the ooc in the past couple of years is peyton playing volleyball. the have only had her part time through the month of november, and by her own admission, she has not been in 100% basketball condition until mid january. if you look at the team both last year and this year, mid january to the first of february is when both peyton and the team both started playing really well. from a basketball fan's selfish perspective i wish she had just concentrated on basketball, but as an individual i would never have ask her to do that if she wanted to do both and excelled in both sports like she has.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 11th, 2020, 7:24 pm

greycat68 wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 3:48 pm
please don;t take this wrong, but i think a big part of this teams problem in the ooc in the past couple of years is peyton playing volleyball. the have only had her part time through the month of november, and by her own admission, she has not been in 100% basketball condition until mid january. if you look at the team both last year and this year, mid january to the first of february is when both peyton and the team both started playing really well. from a basketball fan's selfish perspective i wish she had just concentrated on basketball, but as an individual i would never have ask her to do that if she wanted to do both and excelled in both sports like she has.
I think that’s a valid point to an extent. There are still some ooc teams they lost to that they should have more talent and ability to beat even without her.

ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » March 12th, 2020, 10:00 am

A more astute student of KSU WB noted that Deb recruited Breanna Lewis, not Mittie.

I stand corrected.Mittie did however oversee a lot of improvement in Lewis's game.