TCU

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
catl

TCU

Post by catl » February 1st, 2020, 7:22 pm

Hard to win with 28 turnovers. Ugh

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » February 1st, 2020, 9:26 pm

catl wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 7:22 pm
Hard to win with 28 turnovers. Ugh
Hard to make 28 turnovers

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » February 1st, 2020, 10:01 pm

You could trade all the guards from this team with any other team in the conference and we would be a top 25 team right now. Our post play is stellar, our guard play is abysmal. Mittie has been here 6 years. Who would you say is the best guard he has recruited? Goth was pretty good her Jr/Sr year, but other than her, I haven't seen many if any that would start for most Big 12 schools. Turnovers and really poor shooting from the guard position have nullified all the advantages we gain from our 2 outstanding post players. I don't see next year looking any better. Williams will be gone. Harris will be gone. Teams will pack the paint, double Lee and dare Ranke and Carr to jack up 3s. They will be on 1 out of every 5 games as usual.

purogato

Post by purogato » February 1st, 2020, 11:46 pm

I listened to the end of the game and Brian Smoler and Randy Peterson were really angry about the flops that were called. It's hard to tell from the radio who bad the calls truly were. Then Mittie called the game "shit basketball" specifically because of the way it was officiated.

So, did anyone actually see the game? Were the flops as egregious as they were made out to be?

I was pretty angry that with about 14 seconds to go, they called a charge on Chrissy before we could even in-bounds the ball. And it was drawn by a girl who had already drawn FIVE charges already. Don't you think at that point the refs would say "Ok we gotta let it go at this point. We can't let the game be decided by a girl drawing a SIXTH charge."

But they didn't think that way, apparently.

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » February 2nd, 2020, 11:37 am

Some of the flops were legitimate charges. The usual Beard driving with reckless abandonment into the paint and running people over. But, they had 1 guard Woods who would be running down the court and then just slam on brakes and let kstate players run her over she did it like 3 or 4 times minimum. It was obvious this was something she was told to do. When we were down 2 with about 20 sec left and inbounding the ball, they had a player step out of bound intentionally so the refs would blow the whistle for delay of game, and thus giving them a free look at the inbounds play we were running. Result, next inbounds play Woods jumps right in front of Carr, because she knew where we were going, and Carr runs her over. Woods did some egregious selling, but they were changes. You can call it dirty basketball, or you can say Piebley just had a plan, and Mittie did not.

purogato

Post by purogato » February 3rd, 2020, 3:35 pm

Thanks Wyldkatz for that assessment. I didn't see it, so I can't have an opinion. But will say this:

To me, a charge should be when you are driving with the ball and run over a defender. A charge should NOT be jumping in front of a player as they are running down the court, which is exactly what TCU did to us and did to Baylor (she got several of these calls in that game). That's a blind side block.

If you've ever played basketball, you know it's impossible to look straight ahead in the direction you're running at all times. That's called TRACK! Basketball requires tons of court awareness and eye contact with your teammates. If you never are able to look around for fear of running into someone, you can't play basketball.

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » February 19th, 2020, 2:30 pm

Bump.

Part 2 tonight!
Really hoping the gals can get this win tonight after the "flop" game Pebley pulled the last time these 2 teams met. Another key thing Pebley did last game was to put Hellesey in strictly to draw Lee out of the paint when we were on defense. Hoping, but not optimistic, that Mittie has learned from this. Put Williams on Hellesey when she is in the game and leave Yoki in the paint please! Will be a good game. Need Carr to have an "on" game if we are going to pull this out. We can get double figures from Lee, Williams, and Harris, but we need a consistent fourth scorer.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » February 19th, 2020, 8:03 pm

lee going off again. but k-state women are so selfish or poorly coached that they have to shoot outside shots regardless of the fact that their strength is clearly not jump shots but rather getting it inside to lee and williams. this is a coaching issue.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

catl

Post by catl » February 19th, 2020, 8:56 pm

K-State starting guards are 1 of 16 from the field. Geeez

catl

Post by catl » February 19th, 2020, 9:03 pm

Has to be the worst 3 point shooting team in K-State history