Time for a New Coach

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
DMC

Re: Time for a New Coach

Post by DMC » January 5th, 2020, 6:06 pm

AlabamaLane wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 5:18 pm
Was Kayla Goth a Mittie recruit? If so, I would say she played with heart. Might have been a Deb recruit-whatever the case he coached her to play hard. We miss her leadership this year.
Kayla Goth was a fine player, but she either couldn't or didn't have the ability to carry her team to victory. she didn't carry her team, and MAKE her team win.

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » January 5th, 2020, 7:29 pm

Scariest thing is that the womens basketball fanbase has moved from the upset/angry phase, to the who cares/no interest phase under Mittie's 6 years. Even this message board, which used to have daily posts, goes weeks at a time with nothing. That is a dangerous place to be and takes years to re-energize a fanbase and get them to want to come support.

I'm curious what our avg. attendance has done in the last 6 years. From the games I have attended, it's a far cry from the days of old. Does Taylor actually believe Mittie is going to get things on the right track? Or does he just not give a hoot about a low revenue sport?

pipe95

Post by pipe95 » January 5th, 2020, 9:21 pm

Anyone know what happened with caftan?

I really enjoyed his input and recruiting info he always had pinned to the top. I no longer have a clue who we have recruited anymore.

Ever since we lost out on Emily Ryan he disappeared from this board. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall?

iowa_wildcat

Post by iowa_wildcat » January 6th, 2020, 7:08 am

catfan28 is alive and well but has taken leave from this board. He has backed off from his time and emotion involvement. He still enjoys and watches his share of girl's basketball at the high school and college level.

I am in the process of doing something similar in that my posts will become fewer and fewer on this board. The last thing I want is for my sarcasm to influence a young lady to not play basketball at KSU.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » January 6th, 2020, 8:01 am

We’re not that bad, we beat Incarnate word by 40.

Plus, Mittie is a bargain, we only pay him a little over $600k per year (more than many D1 men’s coaches, some women’s programs’ entire budget, and about a half million a year more than the Governor makes per year) and the women’s b-ball program only costs students about $3-4 million per year to support (that’s a rough guess since the athletics spending is not entirely transparent). Plus it only costs a couple hundred thousand a year to get a star like Carr on the team so we should be thankful we’re not paying KU men’s b-ball rates for players and their parents or we’d be in the hole big time. Cool that they got a new b-ball training palace. Money well spent. Go cats!

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » January 6th, 2020, 9:05 am

iowa_wildcat wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 7:08 am
catfan28 is alive and well but has taken leave from this board. He has backed off from his time and emotion involvement. He still enjoys and watches his share of girl's basketball at the high school and college level.

I am in the process of doing something similar in that my posts will become fewer and fewer on this board. The last thing I want is for my sarcasm to influence a young lady to not play basketball at KSU.
Stay with us! All a recruit has to do is watch a game to be heavily influenced. I doubt your sarcasm will be the deciding factor.

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » January 6th, 2020, 2:07 pm

pipe95 wrote:
January 5th, 2020, 9:21 pm
Anyone know what happened with caftan?

I really enjoyed his input and recruiting info he always had pinned to the top. I no longer have a clue who we have recruited anymore.

Ever since we lost out on Emily Ryan he disappeared from this board. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall?
He is still around. Just a lurker now. Hes a Mittie fan, so not much to talk about. Not getting Ryan took its toll on him. He was 99% sure she was headed to Kstate. She must be a better judge of coaching, because after seeing what Mittie has been able to do with Carr, she made the right choice. Probably looking to further her game, and that's not happening with Mittie the Masterpiece.

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » January 7th, 2020, 1:05 pm

i will follow the lead of catfan28 and iowa wildcat. i will keep my thoughts to myself, continue to support the program, and leave the sarcasm and negativity to the rest of you.

DMC

Post by DMC » January 10th, 2020, 4:20 pm

greycat68 wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 1:05 pm
i will follow the lead of catfan28 and iowa wildcat. i will keep my thoughts to myself, continue to support the program, and leave the sarcasm and negativity to the rest of you.
You say this like, those of us who do not see any signs of a team on the rise, are not true fans. Quite to the contrary, I watched KSU teams with heart and desire, and a will to win. I see No girl on the currant team with the no lose attitude of a Shaylee, Wecker,Olde, Koehn, Chambers, Dietz.

ToledoCat#2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#2 » January 11th, 2020, 10:36 am

Then shame on you, DMC. Williams is one of KSU's all-time greats in women's sports. Lee seems to play with a passion. Others are trying hard, just not getting over the hump. We are lacking go-to players, and that's on Wittie, but blaming the girls' attitude is just wrong.