Time for a New Coach

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
iowa_wildcat
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 34 times

Time for a New Coach

Post by iowa_wildcat » December 21st, 2019, 4:45 pm

The Cats are down by almost 40 points to the #3 team in the land, Oregon. Williams is still in the game and so dead tired that she can hardly walk. Mittee, somehow, is so blind that he either has not noticed or does not care.

Wyldkatz
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by Wyldkatz » December 21st, 2019, 4:54 pm

It's been time for several years. Its is no longer patience people! It's just blind ignorance if you still think Mittie can coach at a P5 level. Absolutely nothing from the guards in this game. You take Williams and Lee off this team we probably lose by 70+. Carr has been underwhelming since her arrival and in the last 3 games has just been plain awful. Was expecting more from her, but she isnt anything more than any other guard Mittie has rolled in here in 6 years. And he hired her dad to get her here? What a joke. Keep waiting for Mittie to put a solid team together, but it just isnt happening. Some years we have decent guards and no inside game. Now we have a decent inside game and no outside game. Its time, beyond time, for him to go back to the Mountain West and for us to get a real coach in here!

Navycat
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Navycat » December 21st, 2019, 4:58 pm

He just got an extension. It ain’t happening anytime soon. So relax Francis

PurpleOnWhite
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 99 times

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » December 21st, 2019, 6:53 pm

But but....he’s a master at standing court side, arms folded, staring down the perpetrator. He is a disaster for women’s b-ball. Is there a transfer portal? Afraid it would be used.

tmcats
Has liked: 923 times
Been liked: 664 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 22nd, 2019, 10:20 am

a power six a.d. once told me it's not worth the money to fire a wbb coach before her/his contract is up. the sport loses gobs of money the way it is and changing coaches only adds to the burden. still, it's sad to watch this team because there are some talented women on the squad. just horribly coached in my (ignorant) opinion. and losing kansas high schoolers to isu is simply inexcusable.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

wazucat
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by wazucat » December 22nd, 2019, 1:06 pm

tmcats wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 10:20 am
a power six a.d. once told me it's not worth the money to fire a wbb coach before her/his contract is up. the sport loses gobs of money the way it is and changing coaches only adds to the burden. still, it's sad to watch this team because there are some talented women on the squad. just horribly coached in my (ignorant) opinion. and losing kansas high schoolers to isu is simply inexcusable.
That philosophy is true at most schools where the vast majority of the alums and fans don't give a rip about women's BB or olympic non --revenue sports in general - but KSU is different I feel, WBB is important to us.

ToledoCat#2
Been liked: 221 times

Post by ToledoCat#2 » December 23rd, 2019, 10:16 am

I've not seen the #s, but I'd bet ISU WBB either makes $$$ or breaks even. A weekend WBB game in Hilton is a family event. Place packed. Concession prices down. Lots of kids. Noisy. A fun time. None of this takes place at KSU.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 23rd, 2019, 11:45 am

ToledoCat#2 wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 10:16 am
I've not seen the #s, but I'd bet ISU WBB either makes $$$ or breaks even. A weekend WBB game in Hilton is a family event. Place packed. Concession prices down. Lots of kids. Noisy. A fun time. None of this takes place at KSU.

isu doesn't publish financials that i can find for athletics. like missouri, they are probably blended in the university statement which is hard to find much less decipher. but i did find this:

Iowa State University spent $9,986,070 on women's teams and received $2,392,111 in revenue. On average, Iowa State University gave female athletes $12,292 in sports related student aid.
College Factual

ToledoCat#2
Been liked: 221 times

Post by ToledoCat#2 » December 23rd, 2019, 3:46 pm

Surprised the income/expense spread is that large for ISU. Must be even bigger at KSU although I don't think KSU pays it's head coach as much as ISU, but the expense per player should be close to the same.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » December 23rd, 2019, 6:04 pm

taylor stopped separating out wbb on financial reports. currie reported wbb separately. i guess taylor's following how other schools report, lumping the loses in with all other sports while separating out football and mbb. football had what i would call an operating profit of $22.3 million. mbb made $1.7 million. all other sports lost $16 million. the department overall reported a net (profit) of $4.1 million. wbb is a mess presently.