Jeff Mittee Adds a Point Guard Grad Transfer

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
iowa_wildcat

Jeff Mittee Adds a Point Guard Grad Transfer

Post by iowa_wildcat » June 25th, 2019, 8:16 am

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » June 25th, 2019, 9:55 am

looks like a good addition. point guard is where this squad really had a big question mark. hopefully she can pick up the system quickly.

DMC

Post by DMC » June 27th, 2019, 8:18 pm

Late addition are usually folks who don't think they are getting enough playing time. I'm not sure wether this young lady is good or not, but if she is, I would be surprised. We seem to be losing good players, and receiving second thoughts in return.

catl

Post by catl » June 27th, 2019, 8:45 pm

And the glass is half empty

PurePurple60
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by PurePurple60 » June 27th, 2019, 10:19 pm

DMC wrote:
June 27th, 2019, 8:18 pm
Late addition are usually folks who don't think they are getting enough playing time. I'm not sure wether this young lady is good or not, but if she is, I would be surprised. We seem to be losing good players, and receiving second thoughts in return.
I have no personal knowledge of her over-all abilities, but she did start all 30 of the games she in played for the Houston Cougars last season, averaging 29.7 min and 9.9 points per game. So I would not classify her as a "second thought.

DMC

Post by DMC » June 28th, 2019, 9:45 am

Then why not stay were you have worked sweated, and left your heart on the court. You’ve spent 3 or more years, fighting for playing time. Why is this young lady suddenly leaving, were she has etched out sweat, blood and tears into a starting position. If this young lady is talented, why does she shy away from carrying Houston on her shoulders into the post season.

PurePurple60
Been thanked: 0

Post by PurePurple60 » June 28th, 2019, 10:27 am

DMC I am an old man in my late 70's, so I haven't got a clue as to why a young woman in her early 20's would make ANY decision. However, consider what the two primary requirements are for being a graduate transfer. 1. The student athlete must have earned a degree from their current school and have at least one year of eligibility remaining. 2. The transferring student athlete must enroll in the new school in a post graduate course that their current school does not offer. Angela Harris' reason for transferring to K-State may be as simple as that. K-State offers the course she wants to pursue and Houston does not. Or, there could be a thousand other reasons, she is a young woman after all.

DMC

Post by DMC » June 28th, 2019, 9:08 pm

PurePurple60 wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 10:27 am
DMC I am an old man in my late 70's, so I haven't got a clue as to why a young woman in her early 20's would make ANY decision. However, consider what the two primary requirements are for being a graduate transfer. 1. The student athlete must have earned a degree from their current school and have at least one year of eligibility remaining. 2. The transferring student athlete must enroll in the new school in a post graduate course that their current school does not offer. Angela Harris' reason for transferring to K-State may be as simple as that. K-State offers the course she wants to pursue and Houston does not. Or, there could be a thousand other reasons, she is a young woman after all.
Good point, I wasn’t thinking along educational lines.

oldcat59

Post by oldcat59 » June 28th, 2019, 10:49 pm

We have learned Miss Harris will complete her class work at Houston in late July to receive her degree. Acquiring a college degree in 3 yeas while competing on the basketball court should indicate she has at least good academic skills. She will not be on the K-State campus until early August. Basketball season begin in November! That's a short time to learn a lot to guide a team as the point guard! We wish her luck and success! Perhaps we will report back on this board next March to inform you wbb fans of her KSU accomplishments!