emily ryan to iowa state ...

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
Smurf22

Re: emily ryan to iowa state ...

Post by Smurf22 » May 4th, 2019, 8:00 pm

Tell me, what do you think he could've done differently? He played short-handed all season. He had 2 kids expected to contribute, both ended the season as redshirts, another gets dismissed and arguably his best player is playing out of position, and no natural SG? Considering how this team started and how they finished, I think he did a damn good job with what he had. I believe this team will continue to get better moving forward.

Smurf22

Post by Smurf22 » May 4th, 2019, 8:24 pm

Tell me, what do you think he could've done differently? He played short-handed all season. He had 2 kids expected to contribute, both ended the season as redshirts, another gets dismissed and arguably his best player is playing out of position, and no natural SG? Considering how this team started and how they finished, I think he did a damn good job with what he had. I believe this team will continue to get better moving forward.

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » May 4th, 2019, 9:13 pm

Goodrich is the only player that was expected to contribute that redshirted. Lee was expected to redshirt, and Bates had to sit out per transfer rule which they knew coming into the season. Ranke is only a shooting guard so not sure how you can say they have no sg. Problem is for every game Ranke is hot there will be 3 that she is ice cold. I assume its Williams that you are referring to that is playing out of position? She is forced to play the 5 because every 5 Mittie has recruited since hes been here have not panned out. Who do you hold accountable for not finding a productive 5 in five years? The best 5 weve had in the Mittie era was Lewis who was a senior and a Patterson recruit. You all keep preaching patience and optimism. But I've seen enough of Mittie. I know he wont get every good in state player, but he has swung and missed at some really good ones the last few years.

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » July 16th, 2019, 11:14 am

in researching or latest committment i saw something kind of interesting. on hoopgurlz ratings of the top 100 recruits for 2020 emily ryan has fallen from #54 to #83. i wonder if she has had a less than stellar summer on the aau circuit? there is something i still don't understand about her choosing iowa state. the already had a commit from pg lexi denarske who is the #13 ranked recruit in the 2020 class and is a pg also. why would ryan want to go there and play second fiddle for four years? i could understand her choosing oklahoma or nebraska, but iowa state makes no sense. there has to be something to this story that we don't know.