Peeking ahead to next year

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
WichitaCat

Re: Peeking ahead to next year

Post by WichitaCat » April 18th, 2019, 12:35 pm

https://themercury.com/k_state_sports/s ... 0b949.html

A few days before the Wildcats traveled to Lawrence to play rival Kansas, Bates’ job at practice was to simulate Kansas guard Christalah Lyons. She did well, other than the fact that she splashed every 3-pointer from about 27 or 28 feet out.

Mittie, who laughed while telling the story, said Bates’ teammates were getting upset with her and kept telling her Lyons didn’t have that kind of range. “I’m open,” Bates would reply.

“She’s a shooter, crafty as heck,” K-State senior point guard Kayla Goth said. “She pisses Coach Mittie off all the time. She plays her scout, she plays it well, but she’s got range out to half court it seems like. Just when you think you’ve got her shut down, she’ll do something else crazy and you’re just like, ‘Whatever, I give up.’”

She ran track in high school, and was so good that she almost quit basketball. One year, she ended basketball season, trained about six weeks for track and ran a mile in 5 minutes and 15 seconds.

Bates said she can play the one or two. Chances are that K-State will look to get her shooting on the floor any way it can.

DMC

Post by DMC » April 21st, 2019, 8:48 pm

fundamentals, fundamentals, fundamentals, if we do not have them, next year will be the same as the last two.

AlabamaLane

Post by AlabamaLane » April 22nd, 2019, 10:24 am

We did finish 4th this year so I guess the fundamentals weren't too bad. Always room for improvement and don't settle for being average but it isn't like we were bottom of the pack.