K-State vs Colorado

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
Smurf22

Re: K-State vs Colorado

Post by Smurf22 » March 24th, 2024, 8:31 pm

This is the first time I watched this team in 2 years as I have been critical of Mittie's coaching and favoritism. He has shown nothing since. No mid game adjustments, he won't go to his bench when games are tight, your pg got outplayed today + 8 turnovers and he won't make a change. The twins still can't score, and NOBODY can make an entry pass to Lee unless she's alone. He should pray that Lee stays, but she's going into year 7 at that school. Why would she stay? What's in it for her? I wouldn't be surprised if multiple kids hit the transfer portal. This hasn't gotten any better IMO, and he's had chance after chance.

purpleprairiecat
Location: Spokane, WA but lived in Manhattan, KS for many years.

Post by purpleprairiecat » March 24th, 2024, 9:14 pm

bhoovy wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 7:13 pm
purpleprairiecat wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 3:34 pm

You are wrong about CU. I don't like them. They play dirty and have some floppers and drama queens. However, they are as good as any of the teams in the Big 12. They will give Iowa all they can handle.
That’s an opinion by both of us not a fact. So no I’m not wrong it’s just my opinion. And you believing they are as good as any team we played is your opinion. In my opinion we have beaten better in Iowa and Texas, at least, although to me that’s more fact than opinion. I think OU, WVU and ISU are also better. My opinion. They came into the tournament 2-6 over their last 8. Fact.
I'll agree that Iowa and Texas may be better than Colorado, but not OU, WVU, and ISU. Did you check the teams responsible for Colorado's 6 losses in their last 8 games: Oregon State (twice), Washington State, UCLA, USC, and Utah. I am not a PAC 12 fan, but those are some good teams.

Cats1124

Post by Cats1124 » March 24th, 2024, 9:54 pm

Smurf22 wrote:
March 24th, 2024, 8:31 pm
This is the first time I watched this team in 2 years as I have been critical of Mittie's coaching and favoritism. He has shown nothing since. No mid game adjustments, he won't go to his bench when games are tight, your pg got outplayed today + 8 turnovers and he won't make a change. The twins still can't score, and NOBODY can make an entry pass to Lee unless she's alone. He should pray that Lee stays, but she's going into year 7 at that school. Why would she stay? What's in it for her? I wouldn't be surprised if multiple kids hit the transfer portal. This hasn't gotten any better IMO, and he's had chance after chance.
Agree about Lee. I'd like to see her under a different coaching. Why not get your doctorate started? I saw Mittie post game speech 🤮

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 25th, 2024, 7:52 am

What's really sad about this is this isn't even news. In watching all of the games yesterday, our game was hardly mentioned. I honestly don't feel like anyone thought we would win this game. Like they didn't even see it as an upset. Our program is not respected.

GoCats

Post by GoCats » March 25th, 2024, 8:10 am

ksuwbbfan wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 7:52 am
What's really sad about this is this isn't even news. In watching all of the games yesterday, our game was hardly mentioned. I honestly don't feel like anyone thought we would win this game. Like they didn't even see it as an upset. Our program is not respected.
That’s what happens when you don’t make a Sweet Sixteen for over two decades.

pipe95

Post by pipe95 » March 25th, 2024, 11:34 am

It can be both coaching and poor play.

When our offense is so predicated to lob the ball into Lee every time, that is coaching-That's his offense. Now when are starting guard turns it over and over and over trying to do that, that is on the player. But the coach made no adjustment to that, didn't bring out Sundell and talk with her. It was criminal not to bring her out and give Sides and chance--who played great in the first half. But remember, Sides took that quick 3 and then was pulled and benched for the game. Must have been cause she didn't try and go the coaches first option-Lee. So mad.

Sundell, IMO, would be better suited for the #2 guard spot. She struggles so much with turnovers, especially late in the season. She has a great shot, have her off ball so Sides can penetrate and kick to her.

Watching the ending of ISU last night almost pull the upset and made me even more mad. Seeing these Kansas girls playing so great-thats recruiting misses by this staff.

Standing on the sidelines with your arms folded or in your pockets and the wheels are falling off just drives me insane. Almost as bad as Weber standing on the court trying to tell his guys were to be.........

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 25th, 2024, 11:41 am

i didn't read this thread. after watching comments on X, i can hardly imagine what the pc pounders have written here. fans can be extrordinarily obtuse in losses. it comes with living vicariously, i suppose.

but this has been an exceptional season. these are women we took great pride in supporting all year. gabby, yoki, serena, the glenns are the epitome of what wildcat student-athletes should be.

coach mittie recruited these girls and molded them into a fine team. took them to #2 in the country. they're missing some parts that would have propelled them this year, emily ryan being one. then there were the injuries. but he's to be commended for bringing a quality team, a sold out house, 27 wins, a memorable year.

hopefully, yoki returns. but i will completely understand if she decides there's more to life than hoops and moves on. either way, her banner is due. and if she returns, this team will make another run. i expect with the two freshmen turning sophomores, joining sundell and lee, it will be deeper.

anyway, fun year. wonderful team. love them all.
These users thanked the author tmcats for the post (total 3):
Catalumpurpleprairiecatcatalyst
Why is there something rather than nothing?

ToledoCat#3
Has thanked: 0

Post by ToledoCat#3 » March 25th, 2024, 11:56 am

I'll take a women's team that wins 25 games per year and be thankful, not critical.

At the end of the year, fans, players, and coaches from only two teams will be happy -- the winners of the men and women's tourneys.

Every other team will have disgruntled/bitchy fans calling for wholesale changes to the programs of their teams.
These users thanked the author ToledoCat#3 for the post (total 2):
tmcatscatalyst

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 25th, 2024, 12:13 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 11:56 am
I'll take a women's team that wins 25 games per year and be thankful, not critical.

At the end of the year, fans, players, and coaches from only two teams will be happy -- the winners of the men and women's tourneys.

Every other team will have disgruntled/bitchy fans calling for wholesale changes to the programs of their teams.
Hmmm, I wished for more for these women. They deserved it. Darn these higher expectations.

If they would have won in a tightly contested game, I wouldn't be as upset. Take the ISU/Stanford game for example. If we would have gone out like that, I wouldn't be as upset.

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » March 25th, 2024, 12:36 pm

I am still very disappointed the way this ended. I think all my negative thoughts have been stated and discussed in this thread. I am simply going to thank all these girls for what they have given K-State and leave it at that.
These users thanked the author greycat68 for the post:
ksuwbbfan