K-State vs Colorado

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
ksuwbbfan

Re: K-State vs Colorado

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 28th, 2024, 6:11 am

DeereCatFan wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 5:48 am
Don't follow the women's team that closely, but certainly pull for them and will watch if it's on a channel I have. As mentioned in another post I really was able to only watch this last game against CU. I'd heard it can be frustrating and it was. For the life of me I cannot understand why a coach wouldn't change something if all it does is creates turnovers. I bet 90% of the time they tried to feed Lee it was a TO. My gawd - draw up something else. And the passing - holy shit. Can't there be a little fricking zip on some passes. Did this not bother anyone else? Maybe it's repetitive and folks are just used to it. This to me falls on coaching. There was also no half time adjustments to utilize Lee more. She has to be more capable of other things than what I saw.
I’ll wait and let all the purple colored glasses answer because they put a positive spin on everything. It has to be something other than poor coaching.

Cats1124

Post by Cats1124 » March 28th, 2024, 7:35 am

ksuwbbfan wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 6:11 am
DeereCatFan wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 5:48 am
Don't follow the women's team that closely, but certainly pull for them and will watch if it's on a channel I have. As mentioned in another post I really was able to only watch this last game against CU. I'd heard it can be frustrating and it was. For the life of me I cannot understand why a coach wouldn't change something if all it does is creates turnovers. I bet 90% of the time they tried to feed Lee it was a TO. My gawd - draw up something else. And the passing - holy shit. Can't there be a little fricking zip on some passes. Did this not bother anyone else? Maybe it's repetitive and folks are just used to it. This to me falls on coaching. There was also no half time adjustments to utilize Lee more. She has to be more capable of other things than what I saw.
I’ll wait and let all the purple colored glasses answer because they put a positive spin on everything. It has to be something other than poor coaching.
They passed the ball like a Jr. High team. It's frustrating to get beat by a team who isn't better than you. But yeah, we will see what the positive Mittie supporters say.

Cats1124

Post by Cats1124 » March 28th, 2024, 7:38 am

ksuwbbfan wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 5:50 pm
Believe me, I am not looking for a National Championship every year but being in the discussion each year would be nice.
This team deserved a sweet 16 birth. It would be nice for analysts to even consider KSU.

pipe95

Post by pipe95 » March 28th, 2024, 10:32 am

In Mittie's 23 years as a coach with TCU and us he has never taken a team to the sweet 16. That is a fact. So nobody should be surprised it didn't happen again. 26 wins this year was awesome. But the collapse the last month should raise flags for every fan. And I get it, Lee was probably not 100% healthy. But the others, especially the juniors, needed to step up and they didn't.

What is so disappointing is we had home court, sold out, and we completely laid an egg in the 2nd half. Sundell made 9 turn overs. It was some of the worst basketball I have seen played. Lee didn't look healthy. The wife and I both commented she just looked slow.

Something was off with this team even after Lee came back. Our offense just was off. The offense is too predicated on getting Lee the ball, as I think that takes our shooters out of sync as they are standing around. Sides took a quick shot in the offense after she played so great and got benched for the game. Crazy.

Part of me wants Lee to come back. Part of me is concerned about her health, both current and long term. We saw what this team was like when Lee was out hurt, and it wasn't that good.

wazucat

Post by wazucat » March 30th, 2024, 8:43 pm

Some people were quite happy with Weber and some people are quite happy with Mittie. Mediocrity is OK for a good number of our fans and that is entirely appropriate for them to have that attitude but don't expect fans who are not happy with mediocrity to remain silent.
These users thanked the author wazucat for the post (total 3):
ksuwbbfanCats1124DeereCatFan