3x3 Tournament

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
Longtimewbbfan
Has thanked: 0

3x3 Tournament

Post by Longtimewbbfan » June 12th, 2021, 11:48 pm

I have enjoyed watching the 3x3 games. The team has done fairly well and it’s a very entertaining game. Didn’t know anything about it, but it’s been neat to see some of the girls play in a tournament like this in June. Amazed how different the pace, style, game is compared to a 5x5 game. There are eight teams at the tournament including 5 college teams. Kstate, Oregon, NC State, Maryland, and Louisville.

ksufanforlife

Post by ksufanforlife » June 13th, 2021, 10:38 am

We watched too—a very cool event! The team that our ladies just lost to, Force10, was comprised of former WNBA players—and I think one played overseas for like 5years after the WNBA—something like that. I guess that’s what an open category brings! 😬

kcsinger

Post by kcsinger » June 15th, 2021, 11:12 am

Where did you watch this?

Smurf22

Post by Smurf22 » June 15th, 2021, 4:27 pm

It really was cool to watch. I thought the girls played well against their peers, I thought they got a raw deal playing a professional 3x3 team. 4-5 years age and experience means a lot in this game. Those girls have all played in WNBA or overseas. But I’m happy the way the competed. Things can only get better.

Games were on twitch.tv/nba
You can watch on replay, but you’ll have to scroll through the broadcast to find their games

MnCat63
Been thanked: 0

Post by MnCat63 » June 15th, 2021, 10:57 pm

You can watch a couple of the games on the KSU Sports board - Kstatesports.com

In the upper left hand corner of the display, there will be some horizontal lines. Click on them and select Women's basketball. There is a heading for 3x3 basketball. For each of two games, there is one video for highlights and one for the entire game. I watched the videos earlier in the day and enjoyed seeing how the game was played.

kcsinger

Post by kcsinger » June 16th, 2021, 7:47 am

MnCat63 wrote:
June 15th, 2021, 10:57 pm
You can watch a couple of the games on the KSU Sports board - Kstatesports.com

In the upper left hand corner of the display, there will be some horizontal lines. Click on them and select Women's basketball. There is a heading for 3x3 basketball. For each of two games, there is one video for highlights and one for the entire game. I watched the videos earlier in the day and enjoyed seeing how the game was played.

Longtimewbbfan

Post by Longtimewbbfan » June 16th, 2021, 11:19 am

for what its worth, wasn't to impressed with the team NC State had there. Hopefully beating them will give us confidence when we go there this season.
Agree we got a raw deal playing that professional team. They won the tournament by beating Oregon and Maryland after they beat us