Oklahoma lay-up drill

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
catl

Oklahoma lay-up drill

Post by catl » March 8th, 2021, 10:10 am

About as bad of defense as can be imagined against OU yesterday. Basically OU scored on lay-up after lay-up and wide open threes. OU players consistently just drove right around whatever K-State player was guarding them. You figured after they gave up more than three layups in a couple of minutes, our players would figure it out, but they never did. Our coaching staff stinks.

Anyone who thinks this team would be better off offensively without Ayoka Lee hasn't watched this team play. When Lee is out, there is no semblance of an offense at all. K-State lacks the athletes and ball handling skills to compete at a competitive level in the Big 12. Worst three point shooting team at K-State I have seen. A coaching change is needed now if K-State really wants a team that can compete in the Big 12, the current coaching staff has failed miserably. I doubt AD Taylor will do anything other than maybe give Mitte another extension.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 8th, 2021, 12:23 pm

he won't extend mittie. he can the baseball coach. he canned bill snyder. he won't extend jeff. get real.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

catl

Post by catl » March 8th, 2021, 12:31 pm

Not getting rid of Mittie is the same as an extension in my book. By not making a complete change in coaching staff, Taylor appears to be condemning K-State women's basketball to the dark ages and status as perpetual bottom feeders in the Big 12.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 8th, 2021, 12:49 pm

the athletic department lost $25 million in revenue this covid year. they're hardly in a position to buyout coaches whose teams already contribute negatively to cash flow. if he's canned - as taylor did previously with baseball and football - i'll be surprised but pleased. at this level, mittie's not good. john currie's worst hire.

greycat68

Post by greycat68 » March 8th, 2021, 5:52 pm

i'm afraid tm is right. due to all the circumstances, i see no way we are going to get rid of mittie. however, if i were taylor i would insist on a complete housecleaning of the assistant coaching staff. get some young, ambitious assistants in there that have the energy and connections to recruit the type of players necessary to compete in todays game. then overhaul this roster. there are going to be at least a 1000 players in the transfer portal. if mittie doesn't want to do this then he can walk. what i saw on the court this year was sickening. ksu wbb has a proud tradition and great facilities. there is no reason this should have happened. thank you john currie.

PurpleWildcat

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleWildcat » March 8th, 2021, 6:56 pm

greycat68 wrote:
March 8th, 2021, 5:52 pm
i'm afraid tm is right. due to all the circumstances, i see no way we are going to get rid of mittie. however, if i were taylor i would insist on a complete housecleaning of the assistant coaching staff. get some young, ambitious assistants in there that have the energy and connections to recruit the type of players necessary to compete in todays game. then overhaul this roster. there are going to be at least a 1000 players in the transfer portal. if mittie doesn't want to do this then he can walk. what i saw on the court this year was sickening. ksu wbb has a proud tradition and great facilities. there is no reason this should have happened. thank you john currie.
The problem I see with that is, where are you going to get good assistants to come in here knowing that if next season is just like this one ,they'll probably all be gone along with the coach.

ksuwbbfan

Post by ksuwbbfan » March 9th, 2021, 9:13 am

It's gotten to be downright embarrassing at this point.

catl

Post by catl » March 9th, 2021, 9:48 am

If KU can get rid of Les Miles, K-State can let Mittie go. If it's a relatively high price to pay, it's because Taylor made the decision to give him an extension

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 9th, 2021, 12:27 pm

taylor extended him. and i can't see him cutting bait now given the financials. hope i'm wrong is a tired saying, but that's the case here.

PurpleWildcat

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleWildcat » March 9th, 2021, 2:58 pm

If Bruce Weber did retire it would make it a little financially easier to let Mittie go. Less than a million a year and whatever his buyout is.