Ladies hold off TT

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
AlabamaLane

Ladies hold off TT

Post by AlabamaLane » February 24th, 2021, 10:13 pm

Led most of the game but had to hold off a TT comeback. Raiders closed within one point in the last half minute but Carr hit six straight FT’s to clinch the 86-79 win. Carr had 24 points and 11 rebounds. Ebert added 19, Ranke 14, and Lee with 12 and 8 rebounds.

Cats1124

Post by Cats1124 » February 25th, 2021, 1:10 am

Ebert best game yet. Goodrich does good getting the ball into Lee. Lee needs to touch the ball every possession, too many in a row where she doesn't touch nor do we score. I'm new here, went back and read quite a few posts, I've been a ksu women's fan really since Kendra Wecker Freshman year... I couldn't stand Deb and now Mittie... Carr's dad on the sideline is no good for anyone. Mittie jerks girls out right and left but not crissy. Yes we lack a true point guard but we should have more than 2 league wins. Next coach?? https://okstate.com/sports/womens-baske ... annan/1847

Cats1124

Post by Cats1124 » February 25th, 2021, 1:10 am

Ebert best game yet. Goodrich does good getting the ball into Lee. Lee needs to touch the ball every possession, too many in a row where she doesn't touch nor do we score. I'm new here, went back and read quite a few posts, I've been a ksu women's fan really since Kendra Wecker Freshman year... I couldn't stand Deb and now Mittie... Carr's dad on the sideline is no good for anyone. Mittie jerks girls out right and left but not crissy. Yes we lack a true point guard but we should have more than 2 league wins. Next coach?? https://okstate.com/sports/womens-baske ... annan/1847

pipe95

Post by pipe95 » February 25th, 2021, 11:26 am

Funny you mention Bill Annan. He was my typing teacher at Seaman HS in '90 or '91. The nicest guy you will ever meet.
These users thanked the author pipe95 for the post:
Cats1124

bballparent
Has thanked: 0

Post by bballparent » February 25th, 2021, 6:02 pm

Cats1124. I agree with you about the Carr's 100%. Believe me when I say you're not the only one who has been noticing this all season. From what I have heard from those close to the team this has been a major problem and has really effected the team unity. There could be some changes coming in player personnel after the season ends unless something is done about it. Stay tuned. I have spoken about this offense at length before and it has been my experience that forcing the ball inside does not work in todays college game. As you have seen in the only 2 conference wins, a well balanced offense running the scoring through the forwards and guards is the only way to be successful. I'm sure the players are pretty tired of forcing the ball inside every time down the court trying to make an all American out of their post player while losing game after game. They didn't go to college to play basketball to not be able to use their own skills to help the team be productive on the court. Just saying!

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » February 25th, 2021, 10:18 pm

I have disagree on the thought that we are trying to feed the post too much. Trust me, I am a huge critic of Mittie and the volume of shots that Carr takes as well. But. Lee with the ball on the block is by far our highest % shot. She can kick it back out and dish to cutters when double teamed also, these our the best shots and how these "other basketball players" can get involved. Right now, we are too much of a live and die by the 3 type team. The huge amount of losses this team has accumulated is not because we are trying to get it to Lee too much. We are losing games because we turn it over at an insane amount and are very streaky from the perimeter. The 2 wins have been because we've cut the turnovers down and shot it at a decent clip from 3 in those particular games. When other players prove that they can perform consistently night in and night out i might be more inclined to agree with you, but right now Lee is the only one on this team that scores consistently.

Ebert had a very nice game, but can she continue it? Can she build off of it? Remains to be seen. She's had some 2 pt 6 turnover games as well. Right now, there are 2 players that you can count on game in and game out to score double figures. Lee and Carr (but Carr usually has to take 20 shots to get hers)
These users thanked the author Wyldkatz for the post:
Cats1124

Cats1124

Post by Cats1124 » February 25th, 2021, 10:26 pm

I'm saying touches... they are going to sag, help on defense and we should be able to find the open player. It is frustrating to watch. He puts Taylor L. In she makes one mistake and is out, I'm sure her confidence is all time low. I hoped he'd use her like Williams and see some of Lee and her working those post moves together. Last night was a decent game of everyone playing together. Mittie just doesn't know how to put it all together.

Cats1124

Post by Cats1124 » February 25th, 2021, 10:33 pm

Wyldkatz
I agree with you. I do think Ebert is coming around though. (I didn't see your post before I replied)

Cats1124

Post by Cats1124 » February 25th, 2021, 11:29 pm

pipe95 wrote:
February 25th, 2021, 11:26 am
Funny you mention Bill Annan. He was my typing teacher at Seaman HS in '90 or '91. The nicest guy you will ever meet.
He's from my home town! Ksu alumni, why not take a chance? But yes a very nice family!