ksu vs. isu

Come on in and chat about the women's basketball team!
greycat68

ksu vs. isu

Post by greycat68 » January 29th, 2021, 11:18 am

not enough interest for even a comment? don't blame you. another brilliant job of coaching down the stretch snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. we have momentum, lee is on a roll and we have gotten the lead. then he goes in to that stand around and dribble stupid delay game and lee doesn't touch the ball again for nearly five minutes. the only shots we are getting are desparation heaves at the basket to beat the shot clock. once again i feel bad for the players. they played well enough to win, only to lose because of poor coaching.
These users thanked the author greycat68 for the post:
Wyldkatz

Wyldkatz

Post by Wyldkatz » January 29th, 2021, 11:35 am

Said everything I was gonna say. Don't get the strategy at all. Just as things were clicking, he goes to that stall tactic and we are left with forced shots as shot clock expires. If only it was Mittie out for covid close contact instead of all the assistants. This was a win. Until it wasn't. Smh

Kid In the Hall
Has thanked: 0

Post by Kid In the Hall » January 29th, 2021, 1:38 pm

I want to give Mittie a shred of credit for at least attempting something different on the offensive end.

But, for the life of me, I do not understand spreading things out, intentionally killing 20 seconds off the shot clock and then starting your offense with 8-10 seconds left. If we had a good point guard/one-on-one player (you know, the thing Mittie's never been able to recruit), maybe that would work. Maybe the thinking is that's 20 seconds fewer that we have to turn the ball over (only 12 TOs in the game - kind of a miracle for this team). But, going scoreless from the 7-minute mark to less than 1 minute left to play wasn't exactly stellar.

Time for the Mittie era to end...

AlabamaLane

Post by AlabamaLane » January 29th, 2021, 1:53 pm

ISU was also scoreless for the same six minutes. No credit there?

Kid In the Hall
Has thanked: 0

Post by Kid In the Hall » January 29th, 2021, 2:07 pm

AlabamaLane wrote:
January 29th, 2021, 1:53 pm
ISU was also scoreless for the same six minutes. No credit there?
Was just addressing the ineptitude on the offensive end...

But, yeah, credit for holding ISU scoreless during that same stretch (though I'd argue the cumulative quality of the shots ISU missed was substantially greater than the shots K-State missed).

iowa_wildcat

Post by iowa_wildcat » January 31st, 2021, 7:55 am

Jeff Mittee needs to be fired at the end of the season.