K-State versus Wichita State - 4 game series

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Re: K-State versus Wichita State - 4 game series

Post by gdgjr78 » July 12th, 2020, 12:04 am

Its a dumb deal for KSU, wsu gets basically 2 home games and I'm sure Wsu fans are going to gobble up tickets in KC and make that crowd a split. So Ksu gets 1 home game out of a 4 game series (5 if you count the exhibition in wichita as well 🤦‍♂️). Its a ridiculous deal for a power 5 team to give to an AAC club but I expected the same old apologists to show up and endorse it and they did.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » July 12th, 2020, 3:09 am

gdgjr78 wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 12:04 am
Its a dumb deal for KSU, wsu gets basically 2 home games and I'm sure Wsu fans are going to gobble up tickets in KC and make that crowd a split. So Ksu gets 1 home game out of a 4 game series (5 if you count the exhibition in wichita as well 🤦‍♂️). Its a ridiculous deal for a power 5 team to give to an AAC club but I expected the same old apologists to show up and endorse it and they did.
Isn’t power 5 a football thing not basketball? I believe so. It seems WSU has been pretty darn good and finally scheduling them is a big plus. However, I think we have more to gain by playing them right now then they do playing us. I do agree, that it would be nice if we got equal home games but scheduling in KC is about alumni engagement, which is why most decent home game we have are in KC

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » July 12th, 2020, 10:53 am

I'm okay with it. Just get the dang thing started. It doesn't matter where we play as long as we kick butt.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » July 12th, 2020, 3:32 pm

Hypeman wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 3:09 am
gdgjr78 wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 12:04 am
Isn’t power 5 a football thing not basketball? I believe so. It seems WSU has been pretty darn good and finally scheduling them is a big plus. However, I think we have more to gain by playing them right now then they do playing us. I do agree, that it would be nice if we got equal home games but scheduling in KC is about alumni engagement, which is why most decent home game we have are in KC
You can't be serious, we have more to gain by beating them??? Has our program fallen that far??? I've already talked to multiple wsu fans that are ecstatic they get to play KSU. Two of them are already planning a weekend trip to KC so they can go to the game there. Hell oklahoma st got 4 game deal with 2 at home and ou got a better deal with them, this is a homerun for wsu.

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » July 12th, 2020, 6:19 pm

It’s a good deal. We are KSU. If we are afraid of WSU or cry about RPI, we are the bitches. Play and win. Pretty simple.
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » July 12th, 2020, 7:16 pm

NealyFan wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 6:19 pm
It’s a good deal. We are KSU. If we are afraid of WSU or cry about RPI, we are the bitches. Play and win. Pretty simple.
Nope, I think we should play wsu but let's do 2 and 2. None of this convoluted crap about KC and Intrust. Self is a lot of things but he is no fool and he's probably laughing his butt off at this deal for KSU.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » July 12th, 2020, 7:33 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 7:16 pm
NealyFan wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 6:19 pm
Nope, I think we should play wsu but let's do 2 and 2. None of this convoluted crap about KC and Intrust. Self is a lot of things but he is no fool and he's probably laughing his butt off at this deal for KSU.
then go root for ku. your trolling and anti-weber crap makes my ass tired.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » July 12th, 2020, 8:01 pm

tmcats wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 7:33 pm
gdgjr78 wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 7:16 pm

then go root for ku. your trolling and anti-weber crap makes my ass tired.
There is absolutely no reason why WSU has more home games than us, in this series. Zero. It doesn't make any sense for us to concede home games, unless WSU is putting down a nice chunk of $$$ on the side, which I highly doubt. KSU had ALL of the leverage in scheduling this series and somehow we scheduled 3 away, 1 home, 1 neutral. It's hard to believe that the powers to be at KSU agreed to it. The school we are playing is irrelevant, we shouldn't be scheduling a 1-3-1 with any school without $$$ on the side... let alone against a program that's lesser than ours, & coached by an egotistic dbag like Greg Marshall, who's happily thrown many stones at KSU & KU during his time in KS.

I'm not even mad about playing WSU, let's do it! The scheduling is just mind boggling. It doesn't support the team/program and doesn't support Manhattan, like it should.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » July 12th, 2020, 11:40 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 3:32 pm
Hypeman wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 3:09 am

You can't be serious, we have more to gain by beating them??? Has our program fallen that far??? I've already talked to multiple wsu fans that are ecstatic they get to play KSU. Two of them are already planning a weekend trip to KC so they can go to the game there. Hell oklahoma st got 4 game deal with 2 at home and ou got a better deal with them, this is a homerun for wsu.
We were last in the league last year, we usually play a weak non-con with only a few quality non-con opponents annually. WSU has clearly been a higher profile basketball program over than last decade. A win over them certainly does more for us that beating us does for them. They’ve been beating Big12 opponents regularly.

As for excited fans, I suspect they’re more excited. But that wasn’t the question.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » July 13th, 2020, 8:43 am

Hypeman wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 11:40 pm
gdgjr78 wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 3:32 pm

We were last in the league last year, we usually play a weak non-con with only a few quality non-con opponents annually. WSU has clearly been a higher profile basketball program over than last decade. A win over them certainly does more for us that beating us does for them. They’ve been beating Big12 opponents regularly.

As for excited fans, I suspect they’re more excited. But that wasn’t the question.
Can't say I agree, but I get the point... it's all very debatable and subjective. WSU doesn't get nearly as many chances as us to beat quality teams(like us) which is why it's more important to them to make quality non-conf wins count. IMO, WSU is still clearly a lesser program than KSU on most of the things I measure in a program.