pitino proposal makes sense ...

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
tmcats

Pick 'Em

pitino proposal makes sense ...

Post by tmcats » July 1st, 2020, 3:57 pm

the season starts way too early as it is. now with the c'virus, delaying the start to january makes perfect sense. by then, we may have a vaccine.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... ronavirus/

Rick Pitino went directly to the masses on Wednesday with an idea he has for the NCAA in regards to the 2020-21 college basketball season. The former Kentucky and Louisville coach, who is entering his first season at Iona, suggested on Twitter that the season start in January and include only league games.

"Suggestion to the NCAA, push the start of the season back to January and only play league games," Pitino wrote. "Buy some more time for a vaccine and to get things under control. Although I can't wait to be back on the sidelines, the health of my players and staff is what's really important."
Censorship is to free speech as lynching is to justice.

learnin

Post by learnin » July 3rd, 2020, 6:40 pm

Might be a good idea seeing how things are trending right now.

katlander

Post by katlander » July 5th, 2020, 10:10 am

I think this is a very good idea and may need to be modified as the new year approaches. But for now I think we should go this direction. Possibly early games could be played to an empty house, or just allow those with the most expensive tickets attend and social distance. As for the players I think it may be wise for them to contract the virus so they are immune during the season. Some may disagree but I am a herd immunity guy.

Ozarkcat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Ozarkcat » July 10th, 2020, 11:40 am

katlander wrote:
July 5th, 2020, 10:10 am
I think this is a very good idea and may need to be modified as the new year approaches. But for now I think we should go this direction. Possibly early games could be played to an empty house, or just allow those with the most expensive tickets attend and social distance. As for the players I think it may be wise for them to contract the virus so they are immune during the season. Some may disagree but I am a herd immunity guy.
I agree Katlander about herd immunity. Health experts say death rate from C-19 for those under 25 years of age is <0.10%. That's lower than the mortality rate (0.14%) of males 20-24 due to other causes such as vehicle accidents, suicide, overdoses, etc.
White....Straight....Conservative....Christian! How else may I offend you today?

epicsnyder

Post by epicsnyder » July 10th, 2020, 9:58 pm

Ozarkcat wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 11:40 am
katlander wrote:
July 5th, 2020, 10:10 am
I agree Katlander about herd immunity. Health experts say death rate from C-19 for those under 25 years of age is <0.10%. That's lower than the mortality rate (0.14%) of males 20-24 due to other causes such as vehicle accidents, suicide, overdoses, etc.
It's not just mortality rate. There is some evidence that young people that contract C-19 and have breathing difficulties, and recover, have some form of "crystals" left behind in their lungs evidence by scans post illness. Not sure yet if those crystals are temporary and will also be attacked by the immune system and cleared, or if they are permanent. Crystals in lung tissue is not something I want for anyone. That cannot be a good thing.
My wife works with C-19 patients in a hospital and the issues I present are from her recent conversations with the treating physicians she works with daily.

katlander

Post by katlander » July 10th, 2020, 10:33 pm

epicsnyder wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 9:58 pm
Ozarkcat wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 11:40 am

It's not just mortality rate. There is some evidence that young people that contract C-19 and have breathing difficulties, and recover, have some form of "crystals" left behind in their lungs evidence by scans post illness. Not sure yet if those crystals are temporary and will also be attacked by the immune system and cleared, or if they are permanent. Crystals in lung tissue is not something I want for anyone. That cannot be a good thing.
My wife works with C-19 patients in a hospital and the issues I present are from her recent conversations with the treating physicians she works with daily.
Crystals in the lungs. This thing is more and more of a sci-fi movie.