The intangibles I like about the incoming team

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
SCKSCat

The intangibles I like about the incoming team

Post by SCKSCat » June 1st, 2020, 1:21 pm

Grit and passing abilities of players that will receive the first pass, namely Shelton and Kabuske
Secondly, we have quite a number of players from big time high school programs. Less chance of deer in headlights

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » June 1st, 2020, 3:30 pm

I don't know what to expect 🤷‍♂️ I know we'll have 5 guys on the floor and overall team athleticism should be considerably improved.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

wild@nite

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » June 1st, 2020, 5:21 pm

The intangible I most like is that we have a huge turnover. I was tired if watching "loose" play and low IQ play.
Last edited by wild@nite on June 3rd, 2020, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » June 1st, 2020, 9:22 pm

I have no idea what intangibles these guys may or may not have. Hopefully good attitudes and good work ethics. This is a bad situation. It will be interesting but losing all but one of your upper classmen is not good. Maybe Mike McGuirl's loyalty is one positive intangible. The rest is a mystery to me.

NealyFan

Post by NealyFan » June 1st, 2020, 9:27 pm

Intangible is a “play hard” chart. Tangible is championship, hardware, and cutting down the nets after a conference tournament championship - it hasn’t happened for me since I was very young
“It’s a tremendous challenge. The opportunity exists here today... for the greatest turnaround in college football history. And it’s not one to be taken lightly.” —- Bill Snyder

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 2nd, 2020, 10:36 am

katlander wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 9:22 pm
I have no idea what intangibles these guys may or may not have. Hopefully good attitudes and good work ethics. This is a bad situation. It will be interesting but losing all but one of your upper classmen is not good. Maybe Mike McGuirl's loyalty is one positive intangible. The rest is a mystery to me.
mike maybe playing the wes iwundu leadership role this year. good for him.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » June 3rd, 2020, 7:57 am

I rewatched the first WVU game last night. In that game we totally out played WVU and got out to a 21 point lead 4 minutes into the second half. Then played really sloppy for about 10 minutes letting WVU get close before winning the game. Diarra scored big and efficiently but also needlessly turned the ball over with numerous lazy passes. We probably don't win without him and WVU doesn't get back in the game without him.

However, the positive was the three freshman were all healthy in that game and got a lot of time on the court at the same time. All three played well and contributed both on offense and defense. Tony and Murph played quite a few minutes as the bigs and held their own against the two bigs from WVU.
D Gordon 15 points on 6 for 7 28 min
Murphy 4 points on 2 for 4 32 min
A Gordon 7 points on 3 for 4 14 min

Biggest contribution by Murphy was inside defense but also brought the ball down court against the press a few times as we have seen Dean Wade do before. A Gordon and D Gordon also played good defense and D Gordon had 4 steals. Biggest negative from these three was Murph had 3 turnovers and A Gordon had 2. But this was also against WVU.

What I liked about this game was seeing the three freshman play with poise and be big contributors in a win against a good but also flawed Big 12 team. The intangibles I saw was three freshmen playing with poise who will be sophomores this year.

SCKSCat

Post by SCKSCat » June 10th, 2020, 4:48 pm

Team height.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » June 11th, 2020, 8:53 am

gdgjr78 wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 3:30 pm
I don't know what to expect 🤷‍♂️ I know we'll have 5 guys on the floor and overall team athleticism should be considerably improved.
Regarding athleticism on last years team.
We lost some athletic guys and not sure if I see anybody coming in to match Sneed and Diarra:
Losses:
Sneed
Diarra
Shadd
SNW
Even Sloan was pretty athletic although did not have much size. Probably as athletic as Rudi or Pack.
Obviously Love and Levi were not athletic.

I am hoping we have players coming in with better individual basketball skills who can be coached into good team players.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 11th, 2020, 1:36 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 8:53 am
gdgjr78 wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 3:30 pm
Regarding athleticism on last years team.
We lost some athletic guys and not sure if I see anybody coming in to match Sneed and Diarra:
Losses:
Sneed
Diarra
Shadd
SNW
Even Sloan was pretty athletic although did not have much size. Probably as athletic as Rudi or Pack.
Obviously Love and Levi were not athletic.

I am hoping we have players coming in with better individual basketball skills who can be coached into good team players.
sneed is an incredible athlete.
diarra lost his composure and thus many times the edge he had over opponents.
snw and shadd never played.
sloan was an enigma: really good at times, a no-show at others, but i wouldn't call him anything special athletically
Why is there something rather than nothing?