Which new player will have the biggest impact, next season?

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats

Which new player will have the biggest impact, next season?

Davion Bradford
3%
Luke Kasubke
5%
Seryee Lewis
3%
Carlton Linguard
3%
Kaosi Ezeagu
8%
Nijel Pack
49%
Selton Miguel
8%
Rueadale Williams
22%

Total votes: 37

IStillLikeHarv

Re: Which new player will have the biggest impact, next season?

Post by IStillLikeHarv » May 19th, 2020, 10:45 am

Highway26north wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 9:37 am
Harv-You may be right but I'm not sure why the current epidemic should compromise weight and conditioning training. Seems like that would be one thing that could go forward through into the fall even with social distancing, preferably in Manhattan or, if necessary, elsewhere.

If the players make it to Manhattan at about the regular time, the strength and conditioning should be fine, but that would have to start very soon to match the usual calendar. I just saw where Notre Dame is going to bring all students back two weeks early for the FALL semester and then end that semester at Thanksgiving. No word about having summer sessions.

It looks like there may be a weird patchwork of plans for bringing students back onto campus, so I assume any summer activities will be hit and miss at best. The President of the NCAA has already declared that there will be no games without students back on campus (though not necessarily attending games). We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and see what happens.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » May 19th, 2020, 10:50 am

point of order: the ncaa has no authority ruling when or if football is played. that's a conference and individual school decision.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » May 19th, 2020, 2:19 pm

IStillLikeHarv wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 10:45 am
Highway26north wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 9:37 am
Harv-You may be right but I'm not sure why the current epidemic should compromise weight and conditioning training. Seems like that would be one thing that could go forward through into the fall even with social distancing, preferably in Manhattan or, if necessary, elsewhere.

If the players make it to Manhattan at about the regular time, the strength and conditioning should be fine, but that would have to start very soon to match the usual calendar. I just saw where Notre Dame is going to bring all students back two weeks early for the FALL semester and then end that semester at Thanksgiving. No word about having summer sessions.

It looks like there may be a weird patchwork of plans for bringing students back onto campus, so I assume any summer activities will be hit and miss at best. The President of the NCAA has already declared that there will be no games without students back on campus (though not necessarily attending games). We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and see what happens.
My opinion is to not overthink it and just plan to go forward at normal times. If each school has their own plan it could be mass chaos. Nobody knows what will happen. Lets just play it cool, react to real vs imagined events and hope for the best.