What happens downriver now

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
KsJoey

Re: What happens downriver now

Post by KsJoey » June 7th, 2020, 7:39 pm

If you are the #1 ranked recruit in the nation, you don't go to a college that won't play in postseason. It would be just dumb, IMO. Nothing is guaranteed, but when you're a Top 10 caliber of guy, you look at the best way to showcase your skills right now... not in a few years. Not being able to do so, could easily cost you millions.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » June 7th, 2020, 7:44 pm

I like Boyton a lot. He seems like a class act kind of guy. He's had some tough luck so far. Just when you think he's finally about to turn the corner and compiles an elite recruiting class, he gets hit with something he had nothing to do with... which will surely knock his program back another 1-3+ years.

ToledoCat#3

Post by ToledoCat#3 » June 7th, 2020, 7:51 pm

I like Boynton, too, but I always wonder when a school like OSU attracts an elite BB recruit over the so-called blue bloods. It could be Boynton's personality and vision for the future, or it could be something else?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 8th, 2020, 11:19 am

boynton's starting to look like a con-artist. always best to measure people by what they do rather than what they say.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

Horses_n_Hoops

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » June 8th, 2020, 12:09 pm

ToledoCat#3 wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 7:51 pm
I like Boynton, too, but I always wonder when a school like OSU attracts an elite BB recruit over the so-called blue bloods. It could be Boynton's personality and vision for the future, or it could be something else?
Cade Cunningham’s brother was on staff at OSU, so I’m sure that was the primary reason he went there.

I will say every time I hear an interview with him, I’m usually pretty impressed. He’s a lot more well spoken than Bruce, and I’d be willing to bet he connects better too.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » June 8th, 2020, 1:59 pm

Last season when Boyton was ejected and decided to shake all the opposing players hands on the way out before leaving the court. Classy.. or at least appeared that way. I can't imagine any other Big12 coach doing that.(maybe Beard)

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » June 8th, 2020, 3:35 pm

tmcats wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 11:19 am
boynton's starting to look like a con-artist. always best to measure people by what they do rather than what they say.
I'm starting to lean this way as well. Worked for coaches who aren't considered the cleanest as more things come out. Worked beside Evans and then hired and promoted him on his own staff. Hired the brother of the #1 player. Remember, he was also in line for another top 50 player in Thor, before he went to Auburn (another coach in Pearl who isn't the cleanest) and had a nice fallback setup with Williams. Being in the running for a lot of top players, and getting some of them, while a new coach with not a lot of hardware to back it up is also a bit fishy.

Anyone of those alone could probably be overlooked, but incidents are starting to add up.

learnin

Post by learnin » June 8th, 2020, 8:22 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 3:35 pm
tmcats wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 11:19 am
I'm starting to lean this way as well. Worked for coaches who aren't considered the cleanest as more things come out. Worked beside Evans and then hired and promoted him on his own staff. Hired the brother of the #1 player. Remember, he was also in line for another top 50 player in Thor, before he went to Auburn (another coach in Pearl who isn't the cleanest) and had a nice fallback setup with Williams. Being in the running for a lot of top players, and getting some of them, while a new coach with not a lot of hardware to back it up is also a bit fishy.

Anyone of those alone could probably be overlooked, but incidents are starting to add up.

Well stated. There’s a lot of circumstantial evidence
mounting.

KsJoey

Post by KsJoey » June 8th, 2020, 9:32 pm

learnin wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 8:22 pm
AJcat7755 wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 3:35 pm

Well stated. There’s a lot of circumstantial evidence
mounting.
Definitely good points. It makes you wonder.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » June 9th, 2020, 1:08 pm

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... tion-cases

In a referral to the IARP, COI chair designee Carol Cartwright, a former president at Bowling Green and Kent State, wrote that the (KU basketball) case should be handled by the IARP because of the high stakes for the parties, including the NCAA.

"The case involves one of the premier men's basketball programs in the country, one of the winningest head coaches in Division I men's basketball history who is in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and alleged violations that are central to a federal lawsuit," Cartwright wrote on May 18. "Few cases have so much at stake. The stakes are particularly high for the Kansas men's basketball program. The Level I allegations include an illicit recruiting scheme, other recruiting violations, a head coach responsibility violation and lack of institutional control.

"The enforcement staff also identified a prevalence of aggravating factors for Kansas, Self and Townsend. If a hearing panel concludes that violations occurred, the penalties may be significant."
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK