The elephant in the room: will there be a college basketball season?

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
stlcatfan
Has liked: 963 times
Been liked: 270 times

Re: The elephant in the room: will there be a college basketball season?

Post by stlcatfan » April 29th, 2020, 4:36 pm

FWIW, my son is starting college in the fall and he recently received a note from his school saying to plan on being on campus in the fall. Maybe it is just wishful/hopeful thinking on the school's part, but if the kids are on campus, I don't see why they can't play the games - fans or no fans.

I just don't want to see the NCAA making a rash decision now about next fall and winter with football and basketball season. Give it a little more time please. I want decisions made on the basis of facts and not emotion. JMO.

pulitzerdave
Has liked: 231 times
Been liked: 362 times

Post by pulitzerdave » April 29th, 2020, 10:21 pm

tmcats wrote:
April 29th, 2020, 12:43 pm
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... -good-news

it's all dependent on finding a med for c'virus as well as a vaccine. i believe they'll be playing games this winter. 70 companies are working on vaccines today. the above link shows progress on medicine.
Today, there's hope with Remdesivir. Not a panacea, but it could speed recovery from the disease and possibly impact mortality rate. Fingers crossed.

pulitzerdave
Has liked: 231 times
Been liked: 362 times

Post by pulitzerdave » April 29th, 2020, 10:27 pm

bhoovy wrote:
April 29th, 2020, 2:59 pm
SCKSCat wrote:
April 29th, 2020, 1:55 pm
Fauci is warning today that maybe not.
He needs to stick strictly to medical updates and questions and stay away from thoughts or opinions in regards to local, state and national government.

I listened to and read several others that don’t agree with his assessments and have some very good arguments as to why. He was way off when he said there was nothing for the US to be concerned about back in February and the models he’s looked to try and glean info from have been way off and he was off saying controlling international flights were not necessary.

Yes if he was in control of making all the decisions I’m not sure anything would be open now or for nearly a year. Thank goodness he’s not.
Fauci won't be making the call, so let's don't politicize the discussion.

But here are the facts so we can move on:

What's True

During a Feb. 29, 2020, interview, Dr. Fauci said that at that time and under the circumstances pertaining to that date, Americans didn't need to change their behavior patterns.

What's False

However, Fauci did not say there was "nothing to worry about," and although he stated that Americans did not yet need to change their behaviors, he noted that what was then classified as the COVID-19 outbreak could require that to change.