More games next year. Big 12 Preseason Tournament?

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
SCKSCat
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 68 times

More games next year. Big 12 Preseason Tournament?

Post by SCKSCat » April 26th, 2020, 4:06 pm

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... xt-season/
If they add more games I would like a preseason Tournament

Zoltar
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 124 times

Post by Zoltar » April 26th, 2020, 4:38 pm

Every team already goes to tournaments now. They dropped the preseason tournament because the conference was losing too many games to each other. This way we can play tournaments with weaker teams and get some wins.
Win the dang day!

wild@nite
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 537 times

Pick 'Em

Post by wild@nite » April 27th, 2020, 12:37 pm

I am not a fan of conference tournaments, especially in our conference where you already play each other twice. I know they have to have it, but it's usually a "yawn" for me regardless of the bubble implications. It's good for KC, but by then, I'm ready for the big dance and unless KState us playing, I don't watch. I know I'm probably in the minority on this....
These users liked wild@nite for the post:
iowa_wildcat (April 27th, 2020, 9:34 pm)

tmcats
Has liked: 1129 times
Been liked: 779 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 27th, 2020, 12:57 pm

i don't know if you're in the minority or not. but i enjoy the conference tournament. many times teams have split or been close during the season and the tournament kind puts an end to those arguments. plus, there's the intrigue of unseating the conference champion, normally that's ku.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

bhoovy
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 225 times

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 27th, 2020, 1:30 pm

I understand some not really in favor of the conference tournament but I’ve generally enjoyed it. My brother-in-law and I had a streak of going to 8 in row, but we’ve missed the last 4 and not sure if we’ll get back.

While there are some very entertaining games there doesn’t seem to be enough of those that can also keep those with no vested interest of the teams playing engaged. The two first round games this year,
and only games, were fantastic and if they were all similar it would be a blast

Zoltar
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 124 times

Post by Zoltar » April 27th, 2020, 2:17 pm

We were discussing the preseason tournament like the old Big 8 had at the Kemper, not the current postseason tournament where the winner gets the conference auto entry to the NCAA tournament.
Win the dang day!

IBEB1G2
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by IBEB1G2 » April 27th, 2020, 2:54 pm

The new rules do not add any additional games. Big 12 teams have always played 18 regular season and 13 non con. It changes the way some non conference games are classified. Usually preseason tournament will have a main bracket held at the location and allow two campus games for a total of 5. The new rule will no longer allow campus games to be classified as part of the tournament. It gives teams an opportunity to schedule more high profile games if they chose.