another head-scratch transfer ...

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
tmcats
Has liked: 1124 times
Been liked: 775 times

Pick 'Em

another head-scratch transfer ...

Post by tmcats » April 22nd, 2020, 12:55 pm

perhaps he's morman. otherwise, why in the world would he leave a great basketball school like purdue for byu?

pretty obvious that txt has become the b12's new iowa state as far as taking quality transfers to maintain the program.

"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK

Horses_n_Hoops
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » April 22nd, 2020, 1:34 pm

tmcats wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 12:55 pm
perhaps he's morman. otherwise, why in the world would he leave a great basketball school like purdue for byu?

pretty obvious that txt has become the b12's new iowa state as far as taking quality transfers to maintain the program.

There was an interesting thread on Reddit yesterday about this. Mormonism isn’t that big outside of the US, so I think it’s really unlikely that he is a Mormon. BYUs student body is 99% LDS, and I feel like it’d be weird to be a non Mormon there. Plus the whole honor code thing does not seem like a lot of fun. The only thing I can really say is that maybe Mark Pope is a really good recruiter? They have a guy on the team, Childs, who is NBA talent. He converted to LDS last season. Maybe Haarms thought he could be like him. Pope really turned them up this year so the program is going somewhere.

Kentucky reported that they got a silent commitment from a grad transfer this morning. It’s more than likely Haarms.

Highway26north
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 106 times

Post by Highway26north » April 22nd, 2020, 1:58 pm

Years ago I spent 2.5 months on campus of Utah State in Logan. It WAS weird. There was one room on the campus where you could smoke. Or drink coffee. maybe even coke, too; I don't recall that. The room had high walls and no windows so you had to go inside if you were curious bout who was there. Beer? Not as I recall. Maybe had to trek up to Idaho for that. There was, however, one vice they were firmly onboard with. If you don't know, ask your neighbor!

I THINK maybe things have loosened up a bit since then.

Oh, and they DID have football. It was a big year. Altie Taylor and MacArthur Lane both got drafted high. REALLY surprised those guys survived 4 years at USU.

Hypeman
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Hypeman » April 23rd, 2020, 7:57 am

Ever heard the term ‘Jack Mormon?’ We’ll 90% are Jack Mormons and do plenty of drinking and having fun. I’ve spent plenty of time about SLC and areas near Provo. Never had a problem finding a place to drink. They certainly have no problem selling it. And the prescription drug abuse is rampant in Utah.

It’s not unlike Baylor, which is a dry campus, but the most vile things seem to happen and come from there.

Hypocrites everywhere.

Horses_n_Hoops
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Horses_n_Hoops » April 23rd, 2020, 11:09 am

He did just commit to BYU. Fascinating.

tmcats
Has liked: 1124 times
Been liked: 775 times

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 23rd, 2020, 11:27 am

byu was pretty salty last season. maybe they have those guys back and he sees this as an opportunity to make a run.
"There ain't anybody stoppin' our ass!" CK