gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Re: David Sloan in transfer portal

Post by gdgjr78 » April 21st, 2020, 9:18 pm

Coach314 wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 3:19 pm
gdgjr78 wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 3:03 pm

I would certainly buy this and it would make sense since he declared his intention to transfer right after Williams committed.
Lol no. Sloan declared his intention to transfer to Weber well before Williams committed. Just like Weber knew Stockard was planning on leaving over a week ago. Weber went out and found replacements after they made their intentions known.
That makes absolutely zero sense, players need to get into the transfer portal ASAP or risk not finding a place to play. I'm having an extremely hard time believing that.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Coach314

Post by Coach314 » April 22nd, 2020, 10:28 am

gdgjr78 wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 9:18 pm
Coach314 wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 3:19 pm

Lol no. Sloan declared his intention to transfer to Weber well before Williams committed. Just like Weber knew Stockard was planning on leaving over a week ago. Weber went out and found replacements after they made their intentions known.
That makes absolutely zero sense, players need to get into the transfer portal ASAP or risk not finding a place to play. I'm having an extremely hard time believing that.
You don't have to believe it. I mentioned last month that Weber should go after a point guard. Someone thought I was starting a rumor. I said last week, along with another poster, that they were looking for another big. The news about Sloan and Levi wanting to transfer may have been surprising news to some but that information was already out there....just not officially. Levi had 4 schools contact him yesterday after it was announced. He will have no problem finding a school to play for.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 22nd, 2020, 10:33 am

yep, levi is a solid journeyman. i'm not surprised if he has opportunities beyond directional state college. and his leaving does not help k-state. he'll be good for another program either starting for a have-not-so-much or coming off the bench for a good team like perhaps st. louis. he's a much bigger loss than david sloan albeit that may not be saying much given david was quickly replaced by rudi, a journeyman of similar perhaps better skills and obvious leadership.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

Quietstorm5

Post by Quietstorm5 » April 22nd, 2020, 11:22 am

Coach314 wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 10:28 am
gdgjr78 wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 9:18 pm

You don't have to believe it. I mentioned last month that Weber should go after a point guard. Someone thought I was starting a rumor. I said last week, along with another poster, that they were looking for another big. The news about Sloan and Levi wanting to transfer may have been surprising news to some but that information was already out there....just not officially. Levi had 4 schools contact him yesterday after it was announced. He will have no problem finding a school to play for.
Yes, you and another poster/coach on here mentioned over a week ago that another big was going to be leaving. On the Rivals board it was mentioned also. With who was left it didn't take a genius to realize who it was. When it comes to Sloan not only did you state that there was a need to get another point guard but on Rivals they indicated that is when the staff started looking around for one. Also I linked and quoted one of 2 different free articles where it is all but stated that the staff wanted him back but after going home during break he came back wanting to transfer. Both may have felt that they were being over recruited in regards to what was already coming in but they weren't pushed out. There is actual objective evidence to this despite someones feelings to the contrary.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » April 22nd, 2020, 11:57 am

Appreciate the responses Coach314 and Quietstorm5.

I like the group the staff has now put together. Will be interesting to see what develops with now having one more available scholarship.

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » April 22nd, 2020, 12:35 pm

tmcats wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 10:33 am
yep, levi is a solid journeyman. i'm not surprised if he has opportunities beyond directional state college. and his leaving does not help k-state. he'll be good for another program either starting for a have-not-so-much or coming off the bench for a good team like perhaps st. louis. he's a much bigger loss than david sloan albeit that may not be saying much given david was quickly replaced by rudi, a journeyman of similar perhaps better skills and obvious leadership.
Not sure why you would call Rudi a journeyman. Not even sure what that means. He played two years at a juco and then signed with a P5 program.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 22nd, 2020, 12:39 pm

xtrawildcat wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 12:35 pm
tmcats wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 10:33 am
Not sure why you would call Rudi a journeyman. Not even sure what that means. He played two years at a juco and then signed with a P5 program.

jour·ney·man
/ˈjərnēmən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » April 22nd, 2020, 2:06 pm

Rudi scored nearly 20 points per game while leading jucos in assists. One coach thinks he has NBA potential. Is that "a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding"? Is that kind of player a journeyman? If that's a journeyman, then what's the standard for a player who's above reliable? Larry Bird?

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 22nd, 2020, 2:22 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 2:06 pm
Rudi scored nearly 20 points per game while leading jucos in assists. One coach thinks he has NBA potential. Is that "a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding"? Is that kind of player a journeyman? If that's a journeyman, then what's the standard for a player who's above reliable? Larry Bird?
journeyman also means fully trained. that's from my union family background. dad was a journeyman brickmason. a much-admired position back in the 50's and 60's. so, being a journeyman isn't noteworthy because it's bad. it means dependable, skilled, and experienced. hopefully, rudi is just that. these guys, however, are not journeymen.

Coach314

Post by Coach314 » April 22nd, 2020, 5:05 pm

Quietstorm5 wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 11:22 am
Coach314 wrote:
April 22nd, 2020, 10:28 am

Yes, you and another poster/coach on here mentioned over a week ago that another big was going to be leaving. On the Rivals board it was mentioned also. With who was left it didn't take a genius to realize who it was. When it comes to Sloan not only did you state that there was a need to get another point guard but on Rivals they indicated that is when the staff started looking around for one. Also I linked and quoted one of 2 different free articles where it is all but stated that the staff wanted him back but after going home during break he came back wanting to transfer. Both may have felt that they were being over recruited in regards to what was already coming in but they weren't pushed out. There is actual objective evidence to this despite someones feelings to the contrary.
I was just trying to give insight because many people were speculating and had questions. I have known Levi and his family since he was in the 4th grade. He and David had become pretty close this year. I was well aware of what was going on with them these last two months. But I will defer to you....you have articles and links.