COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
Puffdad

Re: New Committment

Post by Puffdad » April 6th, 2020, 7:50 am

pulitzerdave wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 11:32 pm
Puffdad wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 10:29 pm
That is really a cool statement in Kellis article. If that's his mindset I'll be tickled pink. "I will get my guys the ball, make them look good and we will just build off that." We were missing that last year.
Puff, I got to thinking about your question about assists to turnover ratio, so I did some research.

I wasn't able to find a final stats tally for the season, so I had to go through the box scores of Northeast OK's games. I was able to pull stats from 25 of their games, but the final 5, for some reason, had no box score ... odd. I found some interesting stuff though.

In 25 games - Rudi's stats

220 assists and 78 turnovers, which is basically a 3-1 ratio. Pretty good, and also pretty high volume of both.

14 - highest assist game

15 games of 10 assists or more (that's over half of the games I charted).

6 games only with more TO's than ASSTs. - a couple were bad though, 7/8, 1/5, 5/7.

54 assists to 9 turnovers over a 5-game stretch late in the season.

He had three games with 0 turnovers, and the assists in those games were 11,12, and 13.

He had only 5 games where he had 3 or fewer assists, and in most of those, his scoring was up.

35 - his high scoring game against Murray State, a pretty good team.

13 - their winning streak late in the season before they lost their final game.

After their clinching conference championship win, their coach called Rudi his "alpha male".

This all sounds pretty good to me. This guy can score, AND dish. He can also get his own shot or get one for a teammate with the clock winding down.
Dave, sorry I didn't really ask any questions. I just posted that Wiliams had a 217--76 assist to turnover ratio in college!! ( Maybe my slash mark could have been better written.) That is super outstanding!!! His assists set the all time school record at NEO! And NEO is perenially one of the better juco schools in the nation! I hope you didn't wear yourself out going through game by game!! But you got some good info dug out!!! :D

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » April 6th, 2020, 8:40 am

Wildwilly73 wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 7:05 am
Rudi's bullet passes he was making to their post player would've broken all of Mack's fingers!
Hey, good to see a post from you. Missed your contributions over the last month or two.

But I disagree with you. Lots of times Mak never got his hands on a bullet pass.

Wildwilly73

Post by Wildwilly73 » April 6th, 2020, 9:20 am

xtrawildcat wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 8:40 am
Wildwilly73 wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 7:05 am
Rudi's bullet passes he was making to their post player would've broken all of Mack's fingers!
Hey, good to see a post from you. Missed your contributions over the last month or two.

But I disagree with you. Lots of times Mak never got his hands on a bullet pass.
That's what I'm saying, he wouldn't have caught it! None the less I'm glad to see us get a good bigger point guard!

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 6th, 2020, 9:23 am

rudi seems to be a high-dribbler. i said last night that this doesn't make sense if sloan is staying. did anyone hear anything about david?
Why is there something rather than nothing?

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » April 6th, 2020, 9:30 am

tmcats wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 9:23 am
rudi seems to be a high-dribbler. i said last night that this doesn't make sense if sloan is staying. did anyone hear anything about david?
While everyone is predicting Sloan is leaving, when I first heard about a Jr JUCO coming it, it initially seemed more like a replacement for Diarra. Lose an experienced PG, get a JUCO PG. Sloan's role would be the same as it would have been with Diarra still on the team, as the backup PG with freshman pushing for his job. But if KSU is still pushing for Williams, then someone else still has to leave, unless this was because they didn't think they will get Williams. Seems like this one wasn't on anyones radar a week or so ago.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » April 6th, 2020, 9:34 am

I’ve never seen such a free for all with players coming and going. I guess this is the new norm, one that will likely accelerate with the various ncaa proposals that are pending (e.g., NIL). The commitment between player and coach appears to be a year in length. There’s now more player movement in college than the NBA.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 6th, 2020, 10:13 am

PurpleOnWhite wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 9:34 am
I’ve never seen such a free for all with players coming and going. I guess this is the new norm, one that will likely accelerate with the various ncaa proposals that are pending (e.g., NIL). The commitment between player and coach appears to be a year in length. There’s now more player movement in college than the NBA.
remember, our brains aren't fully formed until our mid-20's. this gets reflected in youngsters doing things that adults find strange, like jumping from iowa state to unlv or iowa to ku or k-state to v'tech. but it's not near as bad here as it is at some other schools like wichita and mississippi state.

PurpleOnWhite

Pick 'Em

Post by PurpleOnWhite » April 6th, 2020, 12:22 pm

tmcats wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 10:13 am
PurpleOnWhite wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 9:34 am
remember, our brains aren't fully formed until our mid-20's. this gets reflected in youngsters doing things that adults find strange, like jumping from iowa state to unlv or iowa to ku or k-state to v'tech. but it's not near as bad here as it is at some other schools like wichita and mississippi state.
No doubt. Roster guides are going to come in very handy, one would think.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 6th, 2020, 12:29 pm

i'm having a hard time keeping up but what is it now - 8 new roster players here at k-state? i couldn't name them. aj will though. ha.

gdgjr78

Pick 'Em

Post by gdgjr78 » April 6th, 2020, 12:39 pm

KsJoey wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 9:08 pm
I didn’t even know he was on the radar. I like that he’ll be a junior, which will help to balance the lopsided classes a bit more. Bruce has always liked having plenty of PGs so I guess having a 3rd shouldn’t be surprising from a depth standpoint.

That should wrap this class up I would think.
The class distribution is completely screwed up now. This guy seems like good depth, his offers were very meh. This team has almost no previous chemistry playing together coming back.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"