Selton Miguel - lets talk

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
KsJoey

Re: Selton Miguel - lets talk

Post by KsJoey » April 2nd, 2020, 6:16 pm

I agree, I’ll be happy with Williams and trust the staff knows what player they are getting. Especially this late in the game it’s tough to be real picky. No doubt he’s talented and possibly he’ll surprise. I don’t think he ends up here though

Sorry, didn’t mean to hijack a post about Selton. I think Selton is a stud and in time will be a big time player for us. He has a well rounded game with a lot of strengths

Section 12-2

Post by Section 12-2 » April 2nd, 2020, 6:53 pm

tmcats wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 1:15 pm
shalee lehning had spunk. magan mahoney had spunk. carti is not like lehning nor at all like mahoney. carti has attitude which is different than courage or spirit.

I love those two pics. Thanks for posting.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » April 3rd, 2020, 11:01 am

had shalee played with that mahoney, weaker, big o team, they would have been in the final 4. mahoney's team did not have anything approaching a point guard, zero. but they had everything else in spades including butts in the seats and spunk.
Why is there something rather than nothing?

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » April 3rd, 2020, 11:13 am

KsJoey wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 6:16 pm
I agree, I’ll be happy with Williams and trust the staff knows what player they are getting. Especially this late in the game it’s tough to be real picky. No doubt he’s talented and possibly he’ll surprise. I don’t think he ends up here though

Sorry, didn’t mean to hijack a post about Selton. I think Selton is a stud and in time will be a big time player for us. He has a well rounded game with a lot of strengths
[I/quote] I think we are in total agreement about Williams. We both see some things to be concerned with three % and number of shots taken but have to rely on the coaches who know a lot more about their personalities, dynamics on the team he is on, etc.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » April 3rd, 2020, 1:30 pm

Miguel, Williams and Ellis all have tremendous potential. They can all shoot, and score at multiple levels. I like the fire in Miguel and Ellis. I don't see it quite so much in Williams. But that may not mean much. If we end of with 2 of these 3 players, then this recruiting class will go from very good to outstanding. This core of players from the last two recruiting classes will give KU a run for their money. I really believe that!

katlander

Pick 'Em

Post by katlander » April 4th, 2020, 12:44 am

pulitzerdave wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 1:30 pm
Miguel, Williams and Ellis all have tremendous potential. They can all shoot, and score at multiple levels. I like the fire in Miguel and Ellis. I don't see it quite so much in Williams. But that may not mean much. If we end of with 2 of these 3 players, then this recruiting class will go from very good to outstanding. This core of players from the last two recruiting classes will give KU a run for their money. I really believe that!
So are you going to get a season ticket and move to Manhattan for the winter? :)

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » April 4th, 2020, 4:24 pm

katlander wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 12:44 am
pulitzerdave wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 1:30 pm
So are you going to get a season ticket and move to Manhattan for the winter? :)
Not a chance. The winter weather is too good in SoCal. There's always ESPN+

learnin

Post by learnin » April 4th, 2020, 8:34 pm

JOKKO wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 10:53 am
I'm a big fan of what I see of Miguel. Not much (on the highlights) to not like about his offensive game. It is a highlight reel, so defense is TBD. His body is already college ready. Probably underrated as a recruit...even DeSousa tweeted "Cats got a good one" about him!

Only issue is the fact that English is not his first language, so that could be an issue early on, but will be less & less as the season moves along.

Not sure about the whole "moxie" thing...Cartier had "moxie", but made a lot of poor decisions.
One should always qualify his statement. I thought about going on about just having moxie is not enough, etc., Your point is well taken. it's not enough to just think you're good. But, you're not going to do well, IMHO, if you don't believe in yourself. I always thought I would make a shot, when I put it up, and was surprised as hell went it didn't go down.

learnin

Post by learnin » April 4th, 2020, 8:37 pm

pulitzerdave wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 4:24 pm
katlander wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 12:44 am

Darn! We'd have a great time, pdave! I'd even buy you a season ticket.

pulitzerdave

Post by pulitzerdave » April 4th, 2020, 8:45 pm

learnin wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 8:37 pm
pulitzerdave wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 4:24 pm

Darn! We'd have a great time, pdave! I'd even buy you a season ticket.
I know you would. It would be a great time. Maybe we could even get Jerome Howe out of his house for a few games.