D.Gordon

Discussion related to the K-State men's basketball team
Puffdad

Re: D.Gordon

Post by Puffdad » March 25th, 2020, 10:10 am

In all due respect Bindweed I think that Gordon’s text to Weber about starting Pierson McAtee in the last home game can be measured. That took a leadership role if I’ve ever seen one. And even more amazing is that it came from a freshman. That took some cahones for a freshman to say that to his head coach.....Pretty cool imo.

tmcats

Pick 'Em

Post by tmcats » March 25th, 2020, 10:52 am

weber has been full of praise for d'gordon throughout the season for good reason, methinks. he was that way with dean, barry, kam, wes, rodney, dj, and others for good reason as well.
Censorship is to free speech as lynching is to justice.

katlander

Post by katlander » March 25th, 2020, 11:28 am

As mentioned in this thread DG is very athletic, he is a very hard worker, he certainly has some leadership traits and a team first attitude as evidenced by his gutsy and admirable move to suggest Pierson get the start. It has often been mentioned that he has basketball savvy and a good basketball IQ. He is quick, he has good hands, he has a nose for the ball especially on the offensive boards, he shares the ball, he is a plus defender, he is humble. He may not be a go to guy but he can score and will likely get better. He has lots of good traits and I think he will jell nicely with the new guys. After all there is only one ball. Not everybody can be a go to guy. I think its all good. At this point I really don't care who is the star of the team, who scores the points or gets the recognition, but I do care how we play and who wins the games. I think D. Gordon will be a very positive force in making good things happen.

Hypeman

Post by Hypeman » March 25th, 2020, 2:29 pm

Highway26north wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 9:08 am
Puffdad wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 7:39 am
Hype we’re talking about D. Gordon here. Not some random highlight video of a high school kid that fans watch. ???
Puff-I think maybe Hype was referring to the incoming class, speaking to the point of whether and to what extent its members will be "better" than Gordon however you measure that.
Yes, sorry I wasn’t clear in that. There were some comments about the new guys. I hope the predictions are correct because that bodes well for the future with two very solid classes. But I just don’t believe hype, contrary to my name.

ksustars754
Has thanked: 0

Post by ksustars754 » March 25th, 2020, 3:51 pm

katlander wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 11:28 am
As mentioned in this thread DG is very athletic, he is a very hard worker, he certainly has some leadership traits and a team first attitude as evidenced by his gutsy and admirable move to suggest Pierson get the start. It has often been mentioned that he has basketball savvy and a good basketball IQ. He is quick, he has good hands, he has a nose for the ball especially on the offensive boards, he shares the ball, he is a plus defender, he is humble. He may not be a go to guy but he can score and will likely get better. He has lots of good traits and I think he will jell nicely with the new guys. After all there is only one ball. Not everybody can be a go to guy. I think its all good. At this point I really don't care who is the star of the team, who scores the points or gets the recognition, but I do care how we play and who wins the games. I think D. Gordon will be a very positive force in making good things happen.
Ok so I like most of this post after the first sentence but actually D Gordon, compared to P6 conference guards/wings, is not very athletic at all. Obviously he’s more athletic than us posting here but many times we think our players are “very athletic” when in reality we have very rarely had supreme athletes.

Puffdad

Post by Puffdad » March 25th, 2020, 4:29 pm

“Not very athletic at all” 😂. Ok....

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » March 25th, 2020, 6:21 pm

ksustars754 wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 3:51 pm
katlander wrote:
Ok so I like most of this post after the first sentence but actually D Gordon, compared to P6 conference guards/wings, is not very athletic at all. Obviously he’s more athletic than us posting here but many times we think our players are “very athletic” when in reality we have very rarely had supreme athletes.
I don't think he showed a lot of vertical this year but would caution all of us to remember he was playing with some type of leg injury.
But what he showed in the last few games is a lot of quickness. Doesn't mean he is the greatest jumper in the world but is key to being a good ball player.

Section 12-2

Post by Section 12-2 » March 25th, 2020, 8:25 pm

ksustars754 wrote:
katlander wrote:
We must be watching a different player.

katlander

Post by katlander » March 26th, 2020, 9:38 pm

Section 12-2 wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 8:25 pm
ksustars754 wrote:

We must be watching a different player.
Section, were you talking to me or ksustars? Do any of you guys remember the video from last summer of DaJuan with the put back slam at the Team USA try outs? Major highlight reel athletic play.

Here it is...........https://247sports.com/college/kansas-st ... 132939352/

xtrawildcat

Post by xtrawildcat » March 31st, 2020, 12:27 am

I thought some might be interested in this Weber comment about D Gordon about a week ago in a Kellis article.

Weber thought his team was good enough to finish in the middle of the standings, but after years of relying on Brown, Stokes and Wade to make every important shot, no one was ready to take control in crunch time.
Weber says DaJaun Gordon was heading in that direction and hopes a recent knee procedure will help him be that guy next season.