so, doing the b12 tourney one session at a time ...

COTY Jerome Tang and his 2023 Elite Eight Cats
tmcats

Pick 'Em

so, doing the b12 tourney one session at a time ...

Post by tmcats » March 11th, 2020, 10:25 am

i've got k-state and oSu winning tonight. want to play along - who you got, kstatefans' experts? :fistbump:
Why is there something rather than nothing?

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 11th, 2020, 1:29 pm

I’m with you on OSU over ISU. Wouldn’t shock me it ISU won but I think OSU is playing the better ball.
It will be interesting to see what kind of crowd shows up for day one, as ISU usually has the second biggest following after Ku. OSU has been very good in the past also with have a strong fan base, but with both teams not having good seasons this year and the virus I do wonder what the turnout will be.

My heart definitely wants to go with KSU but the fact they’ve just been pretty bad and when they have done well, haven’t been able to sustain and that TCU has already beat them twice, I’m having a hard time not picking TCU.

The cats played well against ISU but how much of that was it just being ISU and senior night? ISU is easily the worst defensive team in the conference. And they don’t have a rim protector like Samuels and a shot maker like Bane, who has killed us.

But my heart still wins out this game over what I think is logic. So I’ll also go OSU and KSU also. Then onto the Baylor beat down.

The men and women are on similar conference tournament paths.

AJcat7755

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » March 11th, 2020, 1:44 pm

OSU has been playing well recently, on a 3 game winning streak which included a win over ISU. ISU does love the Sprint Center, but the are on a 3 game losing streak and lost 5 out of the last 6. Losing Haliburton for ISU pretty much killed their season as they have gone 2-6 after his injury. Rasir Bolton missed the game against KSU because of a concussion and didn't practice yesterday, Prentiss Nixon has a sprained ankle but he did practice. Going with OSU here.

TCU has swept KSU this year with Bane and his 3pt shooting doing most of the damage (12-26 in the 2 games). Can KSU stop him? TCU has also had a few upsets at the end of the season beating WVU and Baylor. KSU broke the losing streak, but that game didn't seem like a regular occurrence. KSU might have a bit of a home crowd. TCU still has a shot at playing in the NIT (if they have it) so they could use another win. Can KSU/Sneed pull together another strong performance? I have to go with TCU here.

learnin

Post by learnin » March 11th, 2020, 3:43 pm

power and light shows many isu fans right now wth a sprinkling of kstatefans

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 11th, 2020, 4:20 pm

learnin wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 3:43 pm
power and light shows many isu fans right now wth a sprinkling of kstatefans
With KSU having the late game I expect a later arriving KSU crowd. Let’s hope they’re not also making an early exit.

WIldWIllieCat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WIldWIllieCat » March 11th, 2020, 5:06 pm

Can we keep TCU from setting records for 3 point shooting? If "yes", we've got a good chance of winning, but both times we played them this year they just rained death on us from distance.....

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 11th, 2020, 5:32 pm

WIldWIllieCat wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 5:06 pm
Can we keep TCU from setting records for 3 point shooting? If "yes", we've got a good chance of winning, but both times we played them this year they just rained death on us from distance.....
10 in Manhattan and 15 at TCU.
Good grief.

bhoovy

Pick 'Em

Post by bhoovy » March 11th, 2020, 8:39 pm

Well quite a first game finish but I think we all managed to pick the winner by the narrowest it margins.

Let’s see if the cats have anything better to show in the post season. I do see most don’t have any confidence in the cats. Point spread has been slowing going up.