Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 150 times

Re: Baylor v ku

Post by Hypeman » February 25th, 2020, 5:25 pm

wild@nite wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 3:07 pm
learnin wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 12:59 pm

Put both Diarra and Sneed in the opposite corners. They'll have to come out and guard, which will leave the paint more open. Mak at the high post to the left or right of the free throw line to draw Dok out. If Dok hedges, let Mak shoot free throws. Same for Stockard. David at the point to drive the ball opposite side of where Mak is posting. If Dok commits, pass to Mak for a free throw. If Xavier or Cartier's defenders commit, pass out to the open man in the corner and DEMAND they shoot the three even if they miss three in a row. D. Gordon, or A. Gordon out on the wing to get back or take a shot if the ball is back out at them.
Don't see any of that working. They don't need to double anybody, anywhere. We aren't good enough to get deep dribble penetration outside of Diarra and if he does, he will get swatted or dump to a guy that can't catch. Our only prayer is trying to penetrate a little and kick, imo. We have to hit 4-5 3's per half to stay in this game, I think. To supplement that getting 3-4 transition baskets, and crashing the boards for 3-4 second chance putbacks per half is the formula. McGuirl, Diarra, and Sneed need to all be in double figures.
Our only chance is to “move the ball!” They have ya outclassed at every position so taking them one one one with no ball movement will not work out well. You can, however, get penetration and beat them off the dribble of you do it off ball reversal when they are closing out.

But, we haven’t moved the ball all year so I don’t see that happening now. We’re more likely to see some high screen for Djarra, some hip-hop dance moves up top, and some deep step-back 3’s while everyone stands and watches. Anyone want to bet on that?

gdgjr78
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by gdgjr78 » February 25th, 2020, 9:48 pm

hilltopwildcat wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 8:19 am
gdgjr78 wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:02 am
They've attempted the 2nd fewest 3s in the league and their overall FG% is ridiculous. It's more a product of facing poor defenses and getting layups, dunks, and WIDE open 3s. Again I could be wrong but I believe they will be knocked out by someone with the size and athleticism to challenge Azubuike down low and make them shoot jump shots. Braun is the one addition that could get hot and carry them from outside in a game or 2. Dotson spends all game making layups or throwing alley oops. Also against the only high quality team in the conf imo they shot a paltry 7-28 from 3 in 2 games.
Not to argue but I'd be happy shooting layups, dunks and wide open 3's. They're doing something right to get that to happen.

Wouldn't it be sweet to just have a decent 5?
You're missing my point totally. Of course shooting layups, dunks, and wide open 3s is awesome. I'm saying no one in the big 12 is capable of stopping them from doing that outside of Baylor and that's why I still believe making them shoot from the perimeter no matter their conf 3pt % is how to beat them.
"Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

hilltopwildcat
Has liked: 647 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by hilltopwildcat » February 25th, 2020, 10:34 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 9:48 pm
hilltopwildcat wrote:

Not to argue but I'd be happy shooting layups, dunks and wide open 3's. They're doing something right to get that to happen.

You're missing my point totally. Of course shooting layups, dunks, and wide open 3s is awesome. I'm saying no one in the big 12 is capable of stopping them from doing that outside of Baylor and that's why I still believe making them shoot from the perimeter no matter their conf 3pt % is how to beat them.
:thumbsup:

AJcat7755
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 247 times

Pick 'Em

Post by AJcat7755 » February 27th, 2020, 1:32 pm

AJcat7755 wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 9:51 am
Puffdad wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 9:20 am
Shadd didn’t even go through warmups with the team Saturday. Stood there grinning and talking to a manager.
At this point, highly doubt Shadd sees the floor this year, and maybe ever again, for KSU. He practices less then the transfer who can't even play till next year.
So this was wrong, Shadd did play 2 minutes against Baylor to go with his 3 minutes against KU earlier in the season. So maybe he is making his comeback tour. :D

KsJoey
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 216 times

Post by KsJoey » February 27th, 2020, 2:03 pm

I'll be disappointed if either Shadd or Love are back next year. 7 years of scholarships and pretty much zero, on the court, contributions. This program needs to turn the page to the next chapter, and you can't do that with guys like that still on your roster.

gdgjr78

Post by gdgjr78 » February 29th, 2020, 7:36 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
hilltopwildcat wrote:

I stand by this assertion 100%. If KSU keeps Dotson from continually getting to the rim they win despite the low point total. Ku is a very good team but they are NOT the best team in the nation.

learnin
Has liked: 753 times
Been liked: 415 times

Post by learnin » February 29th, 2020, 7:40 pm

gdgjr78 wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 7:36 pm
gdgjr78 wrote:

I stand by this assertion 100%. If KSU keeps Dotson from continually getting to the rim they win despite the low point total. Ku is a very good team but they are NOT the best team in the nation.
They sure didn't look the best today.

gdgjr78

Post by gdgjr78 » February 29th, 2020, 7:58 pm

learnin wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 7:40 pm
gdgjr78 wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 7:36 pm

They sure didn't look the best today.
Mak continued his maddening ability to play well in some games against quality opponents and utterly disappear in games against lesser comp but be stood up to Azubuike and negated him today. Ku shot poorly from the perimeter today and if not for a lucky banked in 3 from the corner it would have been worse. Stand up to Azubuike inside and contain Dotsons penetration and ku is very beatable for quality teams.